Web Clip - Very limited space on screen.

Whether I import an article with Pocket and move it over to Evernote or whether I use Evernote's web clipper, if I use ANY of the new modern Evernote clients (iOS, iPadOS, Windows, Mac) it seems to identify the import as a 'web clip' and shove it into a VERY narrow column on the screen.

Whether I'm looking at it on my phone or an iPad or on a laptop screen, the clipped article is pushed into about 1/3rd the space of the screen.

HOWEVER

If I try and look at those same imported article imports on the Legacy Evernote client, they look perfectly fine!

The dark images were from my iPad using the latest Evernote client.

The light images were from a Windows 10 machine using the Evernote Legacy client.

Same articles, different clients.

And it happens with *ANY* article that is imported from Pocket OR clipped with the Evernote web clipper.

This seems unintentional so I put it in the bug section.

Also, I could fine NO client option that would fix this problem.

Something tells me that this is a bug. ;)

Jandus

20210916_033318000_iOS.jpg

20210916_033410000_iOS.jpg

20210916_165347000_iOS.jpg

20210916_165432000_iOS.jpg

• Level 5

We had similar reports here in the forum concerning emails based on HTML.

Maybe something is broken with interpreting HTML code.

However, when I clipped this forum page with WebClipper right now, it produced a normal width, perfectly readable WebClip. So maybe there is another, additional factor.

Maybe ask support about it.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

We had similar reports here in the forum concerning emails based on HTML.

Maybe something is broken with interpreting HTML code.

However, when I clipped this forum page with WebClipper right now, it produced a normal width, perfectly readable WebClip. So maybe there is another, additional factor.

Maybe ask support about it.

If you use the Evernote web clipper and use the 'simplified article' which converts the article then it appears normally in Evernote.

When you use the regular 'article' option to clip then it appears like I've shown.

Also, when transferring from Pocket it also shows up the same way it does when you choose the regular 'article' option.