Evernote 10.21.5 not starting. Getting a message 'something went wrong at our end'. Please try restarting Evernote

I am also facing the same issue and I am free user.

Tried reinstalling the app in microsoft store and even uninstalled and reinstalled the same in add or remove programs but nothing help.

Issue started only from today.

And I found only the below warning in the event viewer no errors while starting the application.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
 and APPID 
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
 to the user DESKTOP-xxxxxx\xxxx SID (S-1-5-21-736855344-872221535-2580235512-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

• Level 5

OK, this takes the device limit out of the possibilities.

Probably there is some rest of the old install blocking the new one.

Get yourself an uninstaller app. On Windows the Revo Uninstaller seems to do a good job.

Use it to uninstall every part of the EN app. Then restart the computer.

Load the EN App fresh from the EN website.

Before trying to install it, stop security software like an antivirus, because it may interfere.

• Level 5

Just to mention it: Personal has ALL the features of the old Premium, and then some more.

Moving to personal is being bumped up, not let down. Users who were on a rebated Premium, not eligible for an automatic upgrade have less features than the new Personal subscribers. You can check yourself:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005157

• Like 1

Thanks PinkElephant, updated. That was more about the user level in regard to fixing the issue. Just didn't phrase it in the best way.

I notice I had several extra lines in the application list (link below so you know where i am) for each type of device I use, no login date against them. i hit revoke access on them to get rid of them but could that affect an install? Session open and hanging about

https://www.evernote.com/AuthorizedServices.action?

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5

I have the same problem on my laptop. It was working fine this morning at the hospital. But won't start now that I am home.

Windows user - Premium Account with 42,000 notes

Due to the number of notes I have, I want to avoid the full-blown uninstall / reinstall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote.
Exit Code: -10737

--> Quit
--> Restart

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I will give Support a shot at addressing this.