Ability to disable Skitch Camera Shutter sound

michael99

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

There is no mute option, and I doubt there will be one introduced any time soon. Skitch is not really at the heart of development.

If you just want to mute Skitch occasionally, there is that little physical switch at the side of the iPhone, above the volume buttons.

You can use it to mute the iPhone in a silent surrounding. It will mute Skitch as well.

This is a sorely needed feature in the Pandemic "Zoom meeting" reality we're dealing with. Your audio must be on for communications. Muting is not always handy. Need simple way to mute this so your meeting collaborators do not hear a camera shutter sound when you're doing screen capture. How do we bump this up in priority? 

• Level 5

„We“ don’t bump this anywhere - I think when in a meeting you should pay attention to the others attending, and not play with the EN scanner. Because the scanner function will release automatically, it makes sense to give a small acoustical signal when the picture has been taken. I never regarded it as disturbing, and you mentioned yourself you can already mute the phone when scanning. There is nothing to do, just use what is available - and pay attention to your zoom calls.

Yes, I know this is a minority opinion in times where people take off their pants during a meeting to iron them up a little.

https://youtu.be/JMOOG7rWTPg

If you personally want to bump this up, you can use the feedback function of the clients, or issue a support ticket. Just leave „us“ out of the call.

Found that you can disable the sound for Evernote screen capture...

SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS & ACTIONS > Scroll down to Evernote and switch to OFF

image.png.817a3b75ddfc16dae8494d79f0c8a299.png

• Level 5

Thanks for posting. Actually this thread was about the Skitch app, that EN provided for iOS and Mac at the time this thread was created.

Who has it still installed can continue to use it - but in general the app is now deprecated.

Your solution looks as if it is from a Windows PC. For PC and Android Skitch was not available.