(Archived) Feature request:Synchronize before quitting please?

Yesterday I did a lot of scans before going to my work for discussing over there.

Quit Evernote and forgot to synchronize.

Wanted to show off at the company, but only laughing people...

So: Is there any way to implement " Synch when quitting" or at least a warning like in Xmarks?

------------------

sync%20before%20quitting%20xmarks%20niet%20weg.png

-----------------

This is the Dutch version of Xmarks, but on the bottom it says:

"Synchronise before quitting", and a tickmark that says: "Ask first"

I thought there was a whislist part of the forum but could not find it.

Sorry if I double posted it.

Huib

Yesterday I did a lot of scans before going to my work for discussing over there.

Quit Evernote and forgot to synchronize.

Wanted to show off at the company, but only laughing people...

So: Is there any way to implement " Synch when quitting" or at least a warning like in Xmarks?

Another way is to train yourself to err on the side of caution. I know many apps auto save every X minutes (including EN which can be set to auto sync every X minutes.) But as someone who's cried more than once over lost info, after making a lot of changes, or maybe not a lot but maybe small but significant changes, my knee jerk reaction is a CTRL-S to save. In EN, it's to manually synch.

Another way is to train yourself to err on the side of caution. I know many apps auto save every X minutes (including EN which can be set to auto sync every X minutes.) But as someone who's cried more than once over lost info, after making a lot of changes, or maybe not a lot but maybe small but significant changes, my knee jerk reaction is a CTRL-S to save. In EN, it's to manually synch.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

While this habit is invaluable, I still would like to have those options :) and focus only on work not on thinking whether I did all the stuff arround right or not

If you don't want to utilize the auto sync (for whatever reason), it could be argued that syncing IS part of the workflow, just as saving changes to a document, spreadsheet, anything is part of the workflow. IE, I load my dishwasher, fill the detergent compartment, select the settings but fail to press START...

Archived