Preview of Excel no longer works

EdV

Hi there -

I have an Excel file linked in a note. In the previous version, the contents of that spreadsheet was visible when viewing the note. That seems not to be the case anymore. This really renders the excel integration pretty useless ... If I can't see the contents, there is little benefit beyond just going to the finder and opening the file that way.

I have a Mac running Big Sur. Here is the info on my Evernote version:

10.21.5-mac-ddl-public (2931)
Editor: v131.1.16771
Service: v1.39.1

• Like 2
20 hours ago, EdV said:

I have an Excel file linked in a note. In the previous version, the contents of that spreadsheet was visible when viewing the note. That seems not to be the case anymore. This really renders the excel integration pretty useless ... If I can't see the contents, there is little benefit beyond just going to the finder and opening the file that way.

Windows users have never had that capability so I'm afraid this is an example of dumbing down to the lowest common denominator.

Although I  would love the feature to be introduced in V10 I would however disagree that there is currently little benefit over just opening the file in the operating system. My main reasons for attaching files are:

• Automatic backup in the cloud
  • Easier to search for by adding a meaningful title, tags etc
  • Bringing all my resources for a topic together in one place
  • Ability to bring together one of more files with text etc to explain a bigger story.
  • Like 1

Seems you can't even click and drag out the file either (for Excel and PDF's) which is why I have been using the Legacy version - because I can view and share those files much easier.

For example, I'll store and organize pdf's of Sales Sheets and Excel Order Forms in Evernote and share them with customers via Mail by dragging them over. Now all I get is a ? icon.

I keep checking to see if they've incorporated this feature from Legacy but they haven't so I end up getting frustrated and quitting it

• Like 1