Unable to change to free plan

fhpx
Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Idea

Hi,

I am unable to change my subscription plan to basic, and help instructions seems outdated. When I select "Choose Free" in the "Manage Subscription" page I am redirected back to the home page (containing my notes), without any more confirmation or change of "Next charge" date.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

If you are on a subscription, you can access support about it.

If you want to downgrade, it depends on your method of payment. Simply withdraw the medium of payment (like a credit card), and let the subscription expire. Your account will automatically be downgraded to Free after a little while (Icgot a week for free to think it over).

• Like 1

Hi!

Thank you! You solved my problem. I was able to cancel the annual subscription through PayPal.

This would not have been a possible solution, had the payment been done with credit card directly.  It should not be necessary to cancel my credit card to to stop Evernote subscription. It is completely unheard of, making this process so difficult for the users.

To make things worse, Evernote has cancled the support service for Premium users. This is just ridicules, as I have paid for it. As my invoice in PayPal says: "Evernote Premium annual service, including more notes, higher security, premium support and more." That's the reason why I'm posting my question here.

Been on Evernote since 2008, and a happy customer most of those years. After a not so happy couple of years, I have finally managed to ready myself and my notes for a move. Will not be looking back!

• Level 5

Support is available for subscribers, no idea why you say the „canceled“ it. Support on billing issues is even available for Free users (maybe to allow them to ask for upgrades).

Personally I run most of my subscriptions through iTunes. When I join, I can step back within 14 days without any problems. I get a reminder for any annual subscription 4 weeks before it is due. And cancellation is a click.

Good you could solve your problem.

I have a similar problem in that I am unable to upgrade to 'personal'. I am currently on 'Premium' which runs up to November on annual subscription. I was hoping to take advantage of a sale for a discount on annual sub of 'Personal' but when I try to upgrade it just takes me to a blank page. There appears to be no support for Premium account holders now.

Capture.PNG