The new version both PC and android as super Slow

robb161

Idea

I'm using an I7 4 core PC and Galaxy s10. On the phone especially it takes aboute 20 - 40 seconds to create a note. Creating a photo note is a 60-90 seconds operation at least.  Anyone else have the same experience? It's twice slower as the previous version.(with the old interface)

11 replies to this idea

I am on a gaming PC, I can play any video game at 1080p with high graphic specs at 60fps.
I can calso run Photshop at the same time, and even have a few google tabs opened on some video streaming, all at once.

But Evernote is slow as $#!+. When creating a new note with ctr-alt-N, just for the blank page to appear takes ages. Everything that loads takes forever.

For a long time I've never been able to use anything else than the legacy version.

How a note taking app can be so slow is beyond me. Someone somewhere has to be doing something really wrong.

• Like 1

I find this odd, I’m on a desktop which is old and can’t run neither windows 11 nor html 5 browser games etc and my EN runs fine, no notable lag.  I wonder if it’s note numbers or something? I don’t have many notes and I would like to think EN 10 has taken massive steps to prevent lag when there is volume but somethings causing these issues. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

My observation from the forum is that many users complaining about lag and/or syncing issues seem to use large notes, notes with a lot of text. Something above a thousand words, hundreds of lines of text, or above. Often it seems to be a daily journal, where a little text is added over and again to an already very long note.

I have practically no lagging or other issues either. My notes are mainly containers for attachments, or are pretty brief, holding one idea or description each.

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

My observation from the forum is that many users complaining about lag and/or syncing issues seem to use large notes, notes with a lot of text. Something above a thousand words, hundreds of lines of text, or above. Often it seems to be a daily journal, where a little text is added over and again to an already very long note.

I have practically no lagging or other issues either. My notes are mainly containers for attachments, or are pretty brief, holding one idea or description each.

I use some large notes, I merge screeds of notes into one as an archive (im a little obsessive about that 100k limit even though im NO where near it lol).

One of my notes (a part a of the book!) a book note is 14k words long and growing and still there is no lag when opening it and writing in it, only time i noticed is when I right click to correct spelling that it can sometimes take a bit to open.  I have a small amount of notes but a few are big, another, a merge is 30k words and works fine too.  This is what puzzles me as people with way better machines are having much worse experiences and there must be some reason why. 

ps - you may be thinking I thought he left and cancelled sub - I did then the 40% discount came along, us Brits are morally opposed to rejecting discounts.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*

I don't have any large text notes, mostly shorter notes or notes containing attachments.  And V10 has been miserably slow whenever I have stuck my toe in the water.  Then quickly back to the safe haven of 6.25.1.  Might want to add note quantity to the list of slow downs which may be the issue in my case.   And maybe highly interactive use cases, GTD and the equivalent.

Whatever, V10 is not viable for my use case at this point in time.

I found the same phenomanon too.(I just installed the new Evernote in less than a month. The new version of evernote was extremely slow when I invoked it to run.

But then this Monday, I tried to move win10 users folder to secondary hard drive(HDD, the primary hard drive is SSD). After that  I found the access to evernote become weird, it seems it was converting database, so I exit the application immediately. Then I tried to restore my win10 system with the backup system image. With the win10 repair CD not able to boot, it took me some time to find solutions. Finally I restored win10 system image, but I found evernote legacy encountering an error when I invoked it and could not access any notes while the new evernote ran without issues, and it was not slow anymore!

I want to use evernote legacy, but how? Could anyone help?

The attached  file is the error encountered at evernote legacy verson.

I know this goes a bit off the topic of this discussion thread,. Please let me know if I should start a new one.

ScreenShot_09-26-21 at 02.43 AM.PNG

My Evernote is so SLOOOOOOOW!! This the first time, since I started using Evernote years and years ago, that I've thought it might not be a viable option for my notes anymore. 

As Metatrix said above, even just creating a new note is damn slow! It's also lagging when I write, and we're talking small notes here. Even just a few sentences. So it's not to do with the size of the notes. My cursor disappears, and it takes several seconds for it to respond or show what I just wrote. It takes me back to the 90s and waiting for things to load. This is just completely unacceptable! And almost renders it unusable.

This problem showed up with the new update. Nothing else is painful and slow. Just Evernote.

And I use Evernote for so many things in life. I have gladly been paying for Premium for a long time, because it's giving me so much value. I so hope that this will be solved.

Yes slow ; keeps deleting stuff or copying the same note multiple times . First got Evernote in 2015; it was brilliant now ; it’s really slow ; cumbersome and unreliable; lots of great new features but they’re absolutely useless of the overall note system is so slow . No I don’t have very wordy notes either ; looking for an alternative as this is beyond a joke . I’ve complained many  time but each new update it gets worse