Is it possible to export an internal note link from Evernote on iPad?

When I create an internal note link in Evernote, it does the correct thing, UNTIL I copy the link and try to paste it somewhere else.  Then it apparently intercepts the actual internal link and instead generates an external link to evernote.com.  I don't want to go to a website, or I wouldn't have made it an internal link.  I want a link that opens Evernote.  This works fine on my desktop.  Is this not a possibility on iPad?  Thanks for any help.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

iOS apps run inside of sandboxes. The iPad supports sharing to swap information between apps, but AFAIK no direct file links.

It's true that all file storage is sandboxed.  However, you can pass information to other applications with the "Share" button and this can pass links and even entire files.  The formatting of these links is up to the developer.  Evernote iOS could certainly be told to open certain entries via the Share feature.  

• Level 5

Valid argument. EN is running inside of a framework - think of it as an extension running inside of a browser. AFAIK every action to touch the OS level directly depends on the frameworks ability to support it.

Maybe it is possible to teach it to do so. That these links are missing from the mobile clients whereas they exist on the desktop clients tells me it is probably not that simple.

Now we are where we are with some other features missing from v10: Maybe, hopefully they will appear one day.

For me it would be excellent if the link would support linking to cloud services (other than Google stuff). 

17 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

That these links are missing from the mobile clients whereas they exist on the desktop clients tells me it is probably not that simple.

The fact that podcast apps do this routinely, as well as calendar, email and rival note taking apps, tells me it is a matter of developers not wanting to implement it.  Could be some philosophy they hold, could be various things, but since they don't address the question nor bother to implement the fix, I think it's fair to just assume it's because they don't care.  Cheers.  

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I think it's fair to just assume it's because they don't care

They do like cashflow though,  so if there was a way to add a feature and attract more customers you can bet they'd do something.  The fact they haven't - yet - just means they have other priorities and maybe some technical problems.

10 hours ago, gazumped said:

They do like cashflow though,  so if there was a way to add a feature and attract more customers you can bet they'd do something.  The fact they haven't - yet - just means they have other priorities and maybe some technical problems.

Sure, they could have many reasons for not caring.  You have named one.  I agree that is a possible theory for why they do not care about this problem.  But let's not really worry to much about the level of concern. 😉  Cheers!