Why do I have to click away an upgrade request every time on an app I allready pay for ?

• FotoFreddy changed the title to Why do I have to click away an upgrade request every time on an app I allready pay for ?
19 minutes ago, FotoFreddy said:

As the ttile says...

I can understand this happens for a free account, but a paying account, and still spamming upgrades ?

Is it ever enough ?

What kind of account do you have? If it's a Plus account, I think it's reasonable from their point of view, even though I can see why it would be annoying. I'm sure they are planning to do away with the Plus plan eventually, and in the meantime they want to convince as many people as possible to move to a "current" plan.

7 hours ago, Paul A. said:

What kind of account do you have? If it's a Plus account, I think it's reasonable from their point of view, even though I can see why it would be annoying. I'm sure they are planning to do away with the Plus plan eventually, and in the meantime they want to convince as many people as possible to move to a "current" plan.

I have a premium account

11 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I'm on Plus as well, and the easiest way to convince me to upgrade to Personal isn't a 40% discount, but a working reliable HTML export. Five months ago, I reported the blocking problem that attachments are lost in the exported HTML and it still isn't solved yet (@EN: ticket 3309909). This makes HTML export useless. As long as there isn't a reliable human readable export, my data is in danger and I won't upgrade...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Your data is not in danger, you just believe it might be. Upgrade or not, I see no need if Plus does the job for you.

If you have a need for any of the features available with an upgrade, your argument does not really make sense. The export abilities stay the same, independent from the chosen plan. To save your data, the ENEX export does the job.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Your data is not in danger, you just believe it might be. Upgrade or not, I see no need if Plus does the job for you.

If you have a need for any of the features available with an upgrade, your argument does not really make sense. The export abilities stay the same, independent from the chosen plan. To save your data, the ENEX export does the job.

The ENEX doesn't do the job completely: internal note links are lost and it isn't human readable. In the legacy windows HTML export, internal note links and tags are preserved. If EN doesn't take export more seriously and legacy would be stopped, I'm not sure that I will stay a paying customer any longer.  I hope that they will solve the HTML export problems soon, because I think they are on the right track with the new platform and I really would like to stay and use the full feature set.

• Like 1
On 9/16/2021 at 6:53 AM, FotoFreddy said:

I have a premium account

If you were not automatically migrated to the new Personal account, then you are probably on a discounted plan, so the same thing I wrote applies. Evernote could have forced you to upgrade to the latest plan at the latest price, but they've allowed you to stay at your previous rate. An occasional request to upgrade to the latest and greatest doesn't seem too bad to me, in exchange for the discount you are receiving. And PinkElephant has suggested a way of making the popups go away (at least for a while).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...