Please bring back "open in Spark" link in notes that have been forwarded to Evernote through the Spark email Integration

Elisa

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If that was available in Evernote Legacy,  you'll be able to get back to it instantly by just installing the older version.  I was never aware of this being a feature,  but I can't see it as a likely priority - Outlook users have been similarly left behind with the loss of their app integration.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

(runs alongside the new version with all the features that v10 is currently missing...)

I'm using both the new and legacy version and old notes do still have the link in the legacy version, but new notes don't have it, even in legacy.  This is a huge bummer to my workflow - such a great feature to be able to send emails to Evernote, but later be brought back to the origin email to send a reply if needed.

• Level 5*

If you drag and drop a Spark email to your desktop,  is the result a MSG file?  I have a process with Outlook that I drag and drop emails to my desktop as well as clipping them into Evernote.  I'll then attach the MSG file to the note content.  When I double-click the file,  it opens again in Outlook to allow me to respond or forward it from there.  Don't know whether that would work with Spark,  but it may be worth a try...

• Evernote Expert

I have a vague and distant memory that the Spark Email link was a feature developed by Spark rather than Evernote. You may find that this is an issue that Spark would need to address so that its add-on works with Evernote v10.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It positively is a Spark feature, activated and set up through Spark settings, Services.

It uses an own access, so I think it works through the API, not by forwarding email. It shows the grey icon, so I think it is (at least formally) based on legacy.