Create Timestamp in Youtube videos

boechat

Idea

allow to create a time stamp on the note referring to a youtube video that is linked to that note, a hyperlink, when you click, plays the video in that minute inside evernote instead of opening an external link redirected to youtube.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

From what I see, the note only contains a link to the YT video, nothing more. The playback is done by calling the link.

Don‘t know if it is possible to add a time stamp to a YT link.

Workaround: Write down your time stamp into the note, move to it when starting the video.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, boechat said:

allow to create a time stamp on the note referring to a youtube video that is linked to that note, a hyperlink, when you click, plays the video in that minute inside evernote instead of opening an external link redirected to youtube.

If you include the timestamp in the url (as @PinkElephant alluded to) it works just fine. The easiest way is to go to where you want to start in the video and hit share.

image.png.c7009a4d514633c13458a856ddfdb031.png

Click the start at box and then copy the link.

You can manually modify any link by simply adding the start time required in seconds preceeded by ?t= as you can see in the picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Nice - learned something.

Obviously the syntax is quite simple

?t=123

added to the existing URL will change it to a time stamp, 123 being the time in seconds.

Tried it on mobile (iOS). To make the change stick, I needed to tap on the link at the bottom of the page and add it there, to the second field. Saved the change, now the video starts 123 seconds later.

13 horas atrás, Mike P disse:

If you include the timestamp in the url (as @PinkElephant alluded to) it works just fine. The easiest way is to go to where you want to start in the video and hit share.

image.png.c7009a4d514633c13458a856ddfdb031.png

Click the start at box and then copy the link.

You can manually modify any link by simply adding the start time required in seconds preceeded by ?t= as you can see in the picture.

Oh thanks, I tried this and worked fine.

But somehow I prefer the @PinkElephant way: Write down your time stamp into the note, move to it when starting the video.

14 horas atrás, PinkElephant disse:

From what I see, the note only contains a link to the YT video, nothing more. The playback is done by calling the link.

If you use the Webclipper is true.

But if you copy the Youtube URL video, paste into a note and press enter. The magic happens and you can watch inside Evernote

• Level 5

It is a link. The link can be displayed 2 ways: As a link, or as an embedded video.

But the note only contains the link. The video is called from YT. If the source is removed from YT, or blocked, or moved behind a paywall, the link stops working.

It still is a very nice function to be able to view it in EN directly. And honestly, copying the video in many cases would not work, just because it would be too large to be saved in an EN note, giving a limit of 200 MB.