60MB Attachment limit not exceeded, yet it throws a message

I am sure that I didn't exhaust the 60MB attachment limit for the month. Yet it threw a error message that i shd upgrade to continue with more attachments. 

Then i deleted all the pdfs that i had attached erstwhile. Still i am unable to paste a image on a note.? What's wrong with evernote? 

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Gowthamd said:

I am sure that I didn't exhaust the 60MB attachment limit for the month. Yet it threw a error message that i shd upgrade to continue with more attachments. 

Then i deleted all the pdfs that i had attached erstwhile. Still i am unable to paste a image on a note.? What's wrong with evernote? 

Nothing at all seems to be wrong with Evernote.

1. Editing a note - even "pasting an image" - means downloading the old version,  and re-uploading the new version including the image.
  2. Deleting prior uploads doesn't affect the total amount you currently have to upload this month - that's all 'paid for' in upload limit.  You need the bandwidth to save an edited note,  which is the full amount of that edited note
  3. Evernote keeps careful tabs on how much you have uploaded,  so if it says you're out of space,  you should believe it.

-Either wait for the limit to reset,  or subscribe to continue access.

FAQ for upload limits

60 MB is a very low number. If you want to use Evernote for free and you want to add very many attachments (or attachments of significant size), then you might want to consider uploading files to somewhere else (G Drive, Dropbox, etc) and link to them from a note in Evernote.

Evernote's model for storage is different than most file storage services. Most services limit the overall amount of data that you can *have*, whereas Evernote will limit the overall amount of data that you can *upload* in any given month. Doesn't matter if you delete it 10 seconds after -- it still counts against you because it was uploaded.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The title of this thread is misleading in the first place.

There are 2 limits on the Free plan:

- The individual note size of 25MB

- The monthly upload limit of 60 MB

There is no limit on the type of content. It plays no role if you throw a lot of text on it, or attachments. What counts is the total upload.

As posted before, you can’t „undo“ an upload that has already happened and counted off your monthly allowance.

It now is waiting until the limit resets - viewing notes is possible, but no new ones nor changes of existing ones. Or you can lift the limit by subscribing.