Revert back to older version for mobile devices

gmech

Is it possible to revert back to the last version of Evernote for mobile devices ?

All of my employees, including myself are extremely unhappy with the newest app version of Evernote.   It is extremely slow to load (even on our 800 Mbps internet service -forget about cellular) and several of the format changes have moved options we use regularly, to locations off less importance, hence making them more difficult to access. 

This past week I was traveling for work and spent 15 min attempting to load several notebooks that hold vital data I required; eventually I gave up.  I am at wits end with the new version, it has now gotten to the point where its slow speed and failure to load are making us look unprofessional.  

For the money our subscription cost, we have begun exploring other options and are considering getting out of Evernote.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You don’t specify the platform.

Apple only allows to install from the AppStore, no old version available.

The legacy version of Android could be downloaded here:

Beside this, my user experience on iOS is completely different: The app is stable, performing well and offers a lot of features we have waited for for years. Not using Android.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, gmech said:

Is it possible to revert back to the last version of Evernote for mobile devices ?

All of my employees, including myself are extremely unhappy with the newest app version of Evernote.   It is extremely slow to load (even on our 800 Mbps internet service -forget about cellular) and several of the format changes have moved options we use regularly, to locations off less importance, hence making them more difficult to access. 

This past week I was traveling for work and spent 15 min attempting to load several notebooks that hold vital data I required; eventually I gave up.  I am at wits end with the new version, it has now gotten to the point where its slow speed and failure to load are making us look unprofessional.  

For the money our subscription cost, we have begun exploring other options and are considering getting out of Evernote.

I really can't understand why EN is doing this, the were not making enough money? Click-Up seems to be a good alternative for GTD

• Level 5

Is doing what ?

Replacing old apps by new ones ? 

Currently there are still significant complains from Android users in the forum. The appwise practically identical iOS app is far better received, so I think it really is a pretty isolated problem on Android.

Hope they get it fixed.

Continuing indefinitely with the old apps would have been disastrous in the end.

12 minutes ago, Tonymynd said:

I really can't understand why EN is doing this

I think it's fairly well known that they had accrued a ton of technical debt with five separate code bases and it was hard to make any forward progression so they needed this major v10 overhaul/rewrite to survive as a product and company.

Now, having said that and having no idea of all the internal decisions and compromises and trade-offs that had to be made, it seems like a better rollout approach would have been to push out new versions of the Evernote client as separate apps on both iOS and Android and allow the legacy to run on them (like you can on Windows and MacOS) until all the kinks were worked out. But perhaps that was not viable for lots of reasons of which they have not, and probably will not share with the user base.

• Like 1