Multi select Notes in Android

Tammy819

Idea

Recently I wanted to clean up my Default notebook in Evernote on Android. But when I tried to multi select several notes to delete them all at once, I was unable to do that. I had to go into each note, one by one to delete. Can we get this feature added? ( in Todoist,  there is a menu option to multi select, which you have to activate before you can multi select. Perhaps this is a solution for Evernote as well?)

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you use Evernote on a laptop at all?  It's far easier to do cleanup on a larger screen...  Must confess I can't remember whether Android 8.13 allows multi-select,  but it may be much faster for you to assign a <deleteme> tag,  or create a 'delete' notebook and apply the tag or move the note to that notebook,  then when you're done,  just select those tagged notes or the notebook and delete.

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Do you use Evernote on a laptop at all?  It's far easier to do cleanup on a larger screen...  Must confess I can't remember whether Android 8.13 allows multi-select,  but it may be much faster for you to assign a <deleteme> tag,  or create a 'delete' notebook and apply the tag or move the note to that notebook,  then when you're done,  just select those tagged notes or the notebook and delete.

I *do* use it on my laptop,  but I've been finding it more convenient to run my life from my phone. I agree with you that the laptop version is more robust. I did discover after posting this that I can just swipe to the left and the little trash can icon comes up. That's kind of a convenient compromise to what I was doing and what you're suggesting. Currently I don't have a ton of stuff to do and once I clear it out it's good-to-go for a while. I'm using version 10.16 on Android.  (My laptop has too many distractions 😂)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The mobile apps only load one note at a time.

Probably the assumption is that a mobile device may be on a slow mobile network, not allowing and not paying for an extended download.

So they go note by note, even if a modern phone or tablet is not slower than a entry level notebook PC. And they won’t offer any multi-note-operations, which reduces the usability in a local context.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1