Calendar option to change to 24h and week start Monday

BEHA

Idea

Hi,

it would be great to have the option to change the calendar format as 24h format instead only 12-hour, and week start on Monday instead only on Sunday.

In many countries the week starts usually on Monday, especially the business week.

And we have here in Germany for example a 24h clock format, not 12h.

Thanks

• Like 4

15 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

Yes, definitely changed but, now, broken for me in that I'm a Sunday person for starting my weeks and I've been moved to a Monday start. I have, at least, kept the 24hr clock which is my preference ;) Thankfully, the sun will still shine tomorrow and I can manage to choose the date correctly regardless of where the column fo Sunday appears in the date picker.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

It says „depending on your locale“ which I read as „the usual setup at the place where you happen to be“. I think what we expected was simply to read the computers settings and act accordingly.

Anybody here already issued another support ticket ?

This is STILL borked.

If I use my system settings, EN refuses to follow my locale and sets the calendar picker to start on Monday on instead of my preference Sunday.

I also discovered that if I create a date/time setting in Mac specifically for EN, yay the picker starts on Sunday, but then EN ignores my time setting and switches from 24-hour to AM/PM !! 😡

So it's impossible to have the picker and the time preference to my liking.

Staggering the EN can't get something so simple top work. Why am I paying for this?

• Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, Randall v. said:

Staggering the EN can't get something so simple top work. Why am I paying for this?

If you're paying to get 24hr clock and a date picker starting weeks on Sunday then you should definitely stop your subscription. But perhaps you are paying for other core functions.

• Haha 1
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

AFAIK it follows the local settings of the computer. 

Not for me.. I get am/pm and start the week on Monday but I have my system settings as 24hr clock with the week starting on Sunday. Since I make very little use of the Evernote calendar I really don't care too much.  One curious thing... In Evernote, calendar events that occur between 12pm and 12.59pm appear in the Evernote calendar as 0pm and 0.59pm. No idea what happens between midnight and 1am since I'm always asleep and never have events scheduled then ;)

Evernote 10.32.4 and Windows 11

• Level 5

The only thing I can tell it is on week starting Monday and 24h for me.

This however is exactly my system settings, and the correct setting for my time zone as well. So it probably is not a universal observation.

Will be interesting what support says.

It's been a year since I raised this issue and it still hasn't been resolved.

I can't even recall if support ever got back to me, although they may have done with the usual "we'll look into" response, which of course means nothing if they don't actually fix the issue.

• Like 1