Developers, listen to the users.

Hello there,

I have been using Evernote for more than ten years, I remember with great nostalgia when it was a blank space where the user could let his imagination go and fill -this blank space- with ideas, projects, dreams, etc. It was fast, it was easy, it was friendly, Evernote was great.

That blank space has been filled with buttons and functions, before I came up with an idea and immediately wrote it down, now if I don't have an internet connection, Evernote doesn't work, so no ideas are welcome when the internet connection is off.

What a shame the developers , what a shame, for no reason you destroyed a valuable program than many users liked and enjoyed.

Many users say: if you don't like it, use another one, there are many options.  Why should I look for another program, why the developers don't give me back the one I liked.

Greetings and developers, please listen to your users.

Arturo

• Level 5

I can use Evernote without an internet connection at least on my Mac. Versions for mobile devices always needed an internet connection or you had to use local notebooks. I don't see a difference to earlier versions.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

All true, just one addition: Offline only works when you have been logged in while you have been online before.

Don‘t log out of the client before going offline. You can quit the EN app, shut down the computer and restart it in an offline situation, the prior login will still work. But when logged out, you can’t access EN when offline.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Stuhrer said:

I can use Evernote without an internet connection 

Agreed, I have no problem with offline access    
Offline notebooks are specified in the mobile apps settings   
For the desktop apps, the setting is in Preference > Save data

>>you had to use local notebooks

The correct term is Offline Notebooks; the master version is maintained on the servers a copy is stored locally

With Local Notebooks, there is no server version - the only copy is stored locally   
This is a feature supported by the Evernote Legacy product on the Mac/Windows platforms

• Like 1
  • Level 5
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

The correct term is Offline Notebooks; the master version is maintained on the servers a copy is stored locally

With Local Notebooks, there is no server version - the only copy is stored locally   
This is a feature supported by the Evernote Legacy product on the Mac/Windows platforms

You are right. Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 1
  • Level 5
6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

All true, just one addition: Offline only works when you have been logged in while you have been online before.

Don‘t log out of the client before going offline. You can quit the EN app, shut down the computer and restart it in an offline situation, the prior login will still work. But when logged out, you can’t access EN when offline.

Thank you for the clarification!

• Like 1