(Archived) how to delete information inside a "lot of" notes fast?

post-21234-131906068615_thumb.png

Hi all,

i send my iStore bills to my EN account.

now i recognized, that the bills have advertising in it, which i don't want to have in the note.

(not all of the bills have advertisings, i have some "clean" notes, and some "bad" ones....)

now i have a lot of bills/notes, and don't want to delete all the advertisings by hand. (go to a note, marking the text and delete it, going to the next note...)

i'm looking for a way to automate this. (i.e. having 500 notes with never the same advertising, but (hopefully) always on the same place)

this things coming into my mind:

1)

when EN client is receiving the mails/notes from the server, i could try to forbid access to the advertising server via a desktop firewall, but this seems very hard because, i use MAC *and* PC clients and the advertising server is mostly the "cloud" from which also good things come.

2)

exporting all the notes to HTML and automate the deleting via script. but then i need to import them all with the clipper, which causes trouble (formatting issues, etc) and could not be automated?

3)

exporting the notes to enex (xml) files and automate deleting via script.

then, import them back.

if the advertising starts and ends always with a , then it could be simple and the chance to destroy the XML is very little.

anybody any idea how to accomplish that task?

to hard to automate this?

• Level 5

Good luck. Sounds like a tough problem to solve.

I use a Firefox add-on called No Script. I installed it for security:

• "The best security you can get in a web browser! Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks."

There is a nice side benefit. I never see those types of ads.

http://noscript.net/

And I capture most of my websites with Readability, which also removes the ads

http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

hey jbenson2, thanks. i don't think its possible the easy way, but maybe some other user has an idea that i can use for further thinking :-)

i use noscript too,

but i receive the bills via mail and forward them (automaticly) to my EN-account. so no browser is involved here.

if i would export all notes like in 2), i don't think the noscript (or any adblocker) would help/delete the ads, because the adds are already in the html-code.

but thats only a thought. no prove until i tried :-)

I use a Firefox add-on called No Script. I installed it for security:

• "The best security you can get in a web browser! Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks."

There is a nice side benefit. I never see those types of ads.

http://noscript.net/

And I capture most of my websites with Readability, which also removes the ads

http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

+1 for Readability. It's amazing. Before, I used to use the Chrome addon iReader, which now pales in comparison to Readability.

Instead of bulk forwarding emails into Evernote, you may want to try selecting just the text you want within your desktop mail application and then clip that. I personally find it easier to create the note with just the desired content first, rather than trying to fix them later. (This also saves on your upload allowance, etc.)

Instead of bulk forwarding emails into Evernote, you may want to try selecting just the text you want within your desktop mail application and then clip that. I personally find it easier to create the note with just the desired content first, rather than trying to fix them later. (This also saves on your upload allowance, etc.)

i wasnt aware, this is possible.

i use both, MAC and PC to forward those mails to EN.

how can i clip text from mail.app for mac and how for thunderbird portable for pc?

Instead of bulk forwarding emails into Evernote, you may want to try selecting just the text you want within your desktop mail application and then clip that.

Are there any plans to allow clipping to the EN desktop as opposed to just the web with the Thunderbird clipper add on?

From Mail.app, select the desired text, Copy and Paste to Evernote (defaults to: Ctrl+Cmd+V). This is smart enough to maintain some of the Mail headers.

I haven't used Portable Thunderbird, but the general solution on Windows is the global "Clip selection to Evernote" hotkey, which I think defaults to Win+A

From Mail.app, select the desired text, Copy and Paste to Evernote (defaults to: Ctrl+Cmd+V). This is smart enough to maintain some of the Mail headers.

I haven't used Portable Thunderbird, but the general solution on Windows is the global "Clip selection to Evernote" hotkey, which I think defaults to Win+A

Using the Clipboard "feature" does not work correctly on Mac, because Images are not pasted.

(pasting text and saving images to disk and insert them by hand is quite inconvenient, specially, if count.images > 2)

i press CMD+A to copy the whole mailbody (text *and* images)

in EN i press CMD+V, but only text is pasted.

i did not test the win-client yet.

Archived