How do you make a shortcut to open in a new window (while using Desktop application in Windows 10)

PovilasPanavas

Idea

Hi! :)

First of all, sorry if it's in the wrong section. I was not allowed to select any reasonable option where the topic will be created. All of them were greyed out.

How do I make the shortcut to open in the new window when using the new Evernote?

Details:

Please see attached file for the shortcut.
The url example:
 evernote:///view/237001/s3/82bdf070-dd5d-431b-bc99-68851fbb6a98/82bdf070-dd5d-431b-bc99-68851fbb6a98/

Evernote Legacy is able to do it. Maybe there's an option in settings or something, but it works. I can't find anything like that in the new Evernote.

example.png

4 replies to this idea

12 hours ago, PovilasPanavas said:

How do I make the shortcut to open in the new window when using the new Evernote?

I don't think there is a way. Once you have opened the note You have to use the three dots menu and then choose "open in new window". There is no keyboard shortcut for this.

By contrast shortcuts within Evernote can be opened in a new window by double clicking and links to notes by ctrl-clicking.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

I don't think there is a way. Once you have opened the note You have to use the three dots menu and then choose "open in new window". There is no keyboard shortcut for this.

By contrast shortcuts within Evernote can be opened in a new window by double clicking and links to notes by ctrl-clicking.

I see :(

My issue is that I'm actually opening multiple notes at once, and using *.bat files to do it. In other words, I open a "run my morning apps.bat" and it opens up all browser tabs, all applications, and multiple Evernote notes. Thus, me clicking or even using shortcut keys within Evernote wouldn't solve my issue.

Thank you for your answer confirming my suspicious that there's no way. Have a nice day :) 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PovilasPanavas said:

I open a "run my morning apps.bat" and it opens up all browser tabs, all applications, and multiple Evernote notes.

If you don't mind using EN web you could easily add each note to a different tab in your browser. Not ideal.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Mike P said:

If you don't mind using EN web you could easily add each note to a different tab in your browser. Not ideal.

There are drawbacks with web browser, like if you start opening weblinks, the new tab potentially will be added next to Evernote note tab. Thus you can't directly navigate to it with ease (there's some more context about how i switch between windows...)

However, this is a good solution to my problem! :)

• Like 1