Questions about Evernote Free (Windows version)

Good day, everyone!

Evernote Basic was recently renamed Evernote Free by the business. I received an email requesting that I upgrade to the newest version, but I am delaying. The following are the reasons behind this (along with my questions):

If a free user exceeds the two-device limit, they must delete one of their devices. When I attempted to do so, I received an error message stating that I could only add and delete devices twice a month. Is this a feature that they still have in place?
Evernote's older versions allow you to centre align a picture. In the new Evernote editions, you won't be able to do that. Has this problem been resolved with Evernote Free? Is it possible for you to centre your image now?

This is a question for those like myself. For simple note-taking, I use Evernote. I'm not interested in utilising the app to boost my productivity. (Evernote continues to emphasise productivity.) Are you happy with Evernote Free's note-taking capabilities?

I'll be waiting for your response to this question's more detailed article.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, chrisjordan said:

Good day, everyone!

Evernote Basic was recently renamed Evernote Free by the business. I received an email requesting that I upgrade to the newest version, but I am delaying. The following are the reasons behind this (along with my questions):

If a free user exceeds the two-device limit, they must delete one of their devices. When I attempted to do so, I received an error message stating that I could only add and delete devices twice a month. Is this a feature that they still have in place?
Evernote's older versions allow you to centre align a picture. In the new Evernote editions, you won't be able to do that. Has this problem been resolved with Evernote Free? Is it possible for you to centre your image now?

This is a question for those like myself. For simple note-taking, I use Evernote. I'm not interested in utilising the app to boost my productivity. (Evernote continues to emphasise productivity.) Are you happy with Evernote Free's note-taking capabilities?

I'll be waiting for your response to this question's more detailed article.

Hi.  There's no immediate pressure to update to the new version,  so if you have any reservations at all,  why not leave it for a while?  I'll attach details of the device limit,  but I have no idea about centre aligning an image.  Is that in a title?  In a note body?  Worst case, have a 3-cell table and paste an image into the centre cell.

As to simple note taking,  I have no extensive experience of just that - my notes are images,  web page clips and document scans.  It's working well for me...

Understanding the device limit

• Level 5

If you were on Basic, you are on Free now. No reason to take any action on your side. Since you are on free, you will receive these upgrade messages from time to time. Up to you what you want to do with them. It is part of the Free account that you get them - your account lives from the EN marketing budget, so it is part of the game.

You are only allowed 2 devices at any time, and you can't make it a habit to swap devices, because there is that limit of 2 unsyncs per month. This is enough to exchange devices when you get new ones, but you have to stick with the devices, in short words. Swapping devices means breaking the Free plans rules, and EN decided to put an end to that practice.

These are very simply the rules of the game - and it is take it or leave it. If you like the note taking abilities, depends on your use of EN and your own preferences. If we wouldn't like them, we would not use it.

Pictures in the new version are always aligned to the left. Alignment works for text only, not for other elements.

If you want to get around it, enter a table, set a left column to make up the margin, and place the picture into the middle one.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:49 PM, chrisjordan said:

In the new Evernote editions, you won't be able to do that. Has this problem been resolved with Evernote Free? Is it possible for you to centre your image now?

It's a small thing, but this is a minor pet peeve of mine too that you can't center an image in the new v10 version of Evernote, but you can still do it in the Legacy version (which it sounds like you are still using on desktop anyway). FWIW -- I don't really mind that I can't center images anymore, but I'm still hoping they make it possible (once again) in a future release.