System will not allow me to return to a previously used email address (apparently)

tlstafford

Idea

I guess this is the only way to commubnicate with tech support. I need to change the email address on my account but when I go through the normal process, the system tells me the email address I'm trying to change to is already in use. Well . . . it's me! So the only thing I can think of is that it is still in the system from when I used it in years past. Who can help me change this. I'm sure the community at large cannot and I find it odd that there is no tech support.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tlstafford said:

I go through the normal process, the system tells me the email address I'm trying to change to is already in use. Well . . . it's me!

I suspect you have a second account at that email address    
Access that account and change the email there

>>I find it odd that there is no tech support

I use the tech support for paid accounts at https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Twitter @evernotehelps is available for all accounts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep. That got it. There was indeed a completely separate account that I apparently opened in the past for some reason. There were no notes in it, so it beats me. Anyway, I closed one and was immediately able to use that email address in my current account. Thanks for your help!