Ongoing sync conflict, every day, cross Android / Ipad usage

hi,

reading other threads, it seems I am not alone with a very anoying problem.

I am changing one specific note on a daily base either from ipad or Android phone. There are normally hours between changes, means also the two devices have hours to get in sync. The changes itself are not comples, in many cases they only add new bullet lines of text on top.

Almost every day I am getting conflicts on either the ipad or the Android phone.

I am bretty sure that this can improve / is related to a bug.

Any experience / feedback would help.

I think for a tool you have to pay for the current quality is almost inacceptable.

Regard,

mmones

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, mmones said:

The changes itself are not comples, in many cases they only add new bullet lines of text on top

Hi.  I think you already supplied the reason for the issue here - minor changes may not be enough to trigger a sync;  the app may be waiting to see if you have finished editing the content.  I assume you don't close the app down on either the Android or the iPhone when you make a small change.  Closing and re-opening the app after and before changes will force syncs and avoid any conflicts.  

• Level 5

Hhhhmmm - just changed a list formatted as checklist (empty) in a note on the iPhone to a numbered list. Just closed the editing mode with the green hook, nothing more.

The change appeared within less than a minute on my open EN client on the Mac.

So as long as the changes are confirmed by terminating edit mode, it seems the sync happens. Maybe edit mode was not closed, so the app did in fact not process the changes.

• Like 1

Evernote really needs to provide a solution to the conflicts thing.  Its been an issue raised by their users for years and years now. How hard can it be to at least highlight the conflicting areas between the two notes, so you know what to fix? Either that or time to switch to another note application.

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, FMS said:

How hard can it be

Apparently quite hard,  because the root cause is two versions of you - on two different devices - saving two slightly different versions of the same note.  Evernote can't decide which is the 'correct' version,  so saves both.  The cure is not to have Evernote open on two devices at the same time,  or to use a third party word processor to ensure that syncing from other devices can't affect your current activity.  Why is it down to Evernote to build a whole new document comparison feature just to deal with those cases which - with 200M users and frequent syncs - must be a vanishingly small percentage of the overall experience?

• Level 5

I don’t use Android, but a set of other devices. Conflict notes only arise when the same note is open and changed at the same time on 2 or more devices. When it (very rarely) happens to me, I know what I did wrong.

A typical szenario would be this: Use a note as a daily ToDo or a daily log. Open this note (and keep it open) on several devices. Switch in changing it from different devices as you move through your day.

E voila, you likely get conflict notes, with different content. No fault with EN, these duplicates are provoked by the users action.

I get constant note conflicts, despite the fact that I don't keep Evernote open on my phone all the time. SO frustrating. I have a Mac laptop and an Android phone. I can't figure out how to merge/update the notes, so I continue to have duplicate notes every time I get a conflict. Blergh.

• Level 5

In the release notes for desktop 10.21.5 EN mentioned they have implemented a fix for duplication happening on a single device. This should work for the desktop clients.

You could update your Mac and see if it fixes the problem.

They are working on a fix for mobile as well, due to be released soon.

• Like 1