Add an official template to my quick access templates in new note?

I must be missing something obvious.  When creating a new note (10.20.4 windows),  I have two options for templates at the top of the note, with the option to "add more" or to "open gallery".  I'm trying to add an existing template from the evernote gallery to this "add more" option.  It's one of the GTD templates, called 'individual project'.  In the template gallery, I've been able to add it to 'my templates', but cannot add it to be accessed by a single click in the note.  The two templates that evernote selected for me are available...and I can add other templates to be available by one click (templates that evernote seems to have chosen for me).  Anyone know how to make a template available in the "add more" button?  Seems odd.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, lost_gweedo said:

I must be missing something obvious.  When creating a new note (10.20.4 windows),  I have two options for templates at the top of the note, with the option to "add more" or to "open gallery".  I'm trying to add an existing template from the evernote gallery to this "add more" option.  It's one of the GTD templates, called 'individual project'.  In the template gallery, I've been able to add it to 'my templates', but cannot add it to be accessed by a single click in the note.  The two templates that evernote selected for me are available...and I can add other templates to be available by one click (templates that evernote seems to have chosen for me).  Anyone know how to make a template available in the "add more" button?  Seems odd.

I completely agree. Evernote do not even allow you to add a complete choice of all their templates just a selected 8. Personally I feel it is rather arrogant to assume that their favourite 8 templates are going to meet our needs better than our own custom made and lovingly created templates.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, lost_gweedo said:

Anyone know how to make a template available in the "add more" button?

Not an answer to your question,  but could you use the template if you saved it as a blank note,  then duplicated as necessary? Or does it work (I forgot again...) if you export to ENEX and save to desktop,  then click it to generate a new note?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Not an answer to your question,  but could you use the template if you saved it as a blank note,  then duplicated as necessary? Or does it work (I forgot again...) if you export to ENEX and save to desktop,  then click it to generate a new note?

Ya, I can save the template into my gallery, and access with a couple of clicks.  I just see these curated templates staring at me in each new, blank note and wanted to be able to hit the easy button to access my small handful of repetitive template needs.  As @Mike P mentioned, odd that Evernote only make their selected templates available.  thanks all.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

If you click on "Open Gallery" in the new note, you find the standard EN templates in one tab, and your individual ones in the other.

If you click on "add more" (or whatever this is called in English), you only get guesses EN makes based on some KI guessing. EN is quite in love with this sort of (nonsense) assistants, so just forgive them to show a little pride about their software engineering capabilities. 

Nobody is perfect !

• Like 1