Can't login to Evernote on any device

ChelseaH

Idea

The forum only allows me to post to this discussion- Home Dashboards- which has nothing to do with my issue. Just another problem I'm having with Evernote!

I have only been able to login to my free account one time since you redid the homepage. Now, I can't login on any device. It says on some devices that I have too many devices logged in, which I actually fixed the one time I was actually able to successfully login, and now it says I've reached my limit on the number of times I can change devices. I just want Evernote on my computer (mac) and ipad but Evernote won't save my changes. So now I have zero access on any device. And they don't all say the same thing. The device that I've unauthorized (my iphone) says there are too many devices logged in, and so does Safari on my mac. On my ipad and Firefox on my mac, the homepage will load but then if I click on anything within Evernote, it goes to another page saying there was an error. Both my ipad and mac have the latest version of Evernote and yes, I've closed the app and restarted the computer to no avail. This is so frustrating. Please help.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You exhausted your limit of unsyncing as well as your allowed devices.

There are still 2 devices synced - if you don't know which they are, or if they are old devices that no longer exist, then you are effectively locked out.

Your options are:

1. Wait 30 days until the unsync limit is lifted automatically. Then be more careful to leave active devices synced and accessible.
  2. Subscribe for a month to Personal (which is the most affordable subscription), this lifts the limits right away. You get 10GB of upload as well, if you want to use it. Just make sure that at the end of your month, you have everything set up to fall back to Free without a problem.
  • Level 5

Hmmm - we are users, so we don‘t publish on behalf of EN. We just say as it is, straight ahead. You can use the official help documents, if you prefer. Probably it leaves a bit more thinking on your side what it means effectively when you are sitting in front of a locked account. But I agree, it may sound a lot nicer.

The fact is this: If on a Free account, you have restrictions. If you violate them (no intention needed, it can happen), you go into a 30 day loop, or need to subscribe for a month. I use a free account as my secondary, I sometimes switch devices on that account, and frankly: There are very clear messages in the moment you unsync a device that the number of unsyncs is limited, and telling how many are left. Ignore it, and BANG.

EN is not living from the folk using the service for free. They live from the users that pay for what they get. So take it or leave it, as long as you are using the Free model. IMHO it still is pretty generous, taken that there is no time limit on the Free usage.

But don’t like it, and Ciao.

• Evernote Expert
On 8/29/2021 at 8:57 PM, ChelseaH said:

The device that I've unauthorized (my iphone) says there are too many devices logged in, and so does Safari on my mac. On my ipad and Firefox on my mac,

Just noting that from your description here you have four devices connected to your account or at least have attempted to connect on four devices. It isn't always understood that a device is not a physical item but each browser counts as one device.  So if I access Evernote via Fiorefox, Chrome and Edge as well as the Evernote desktop application on my PC that counts as four devices.

• Like 1

I have the same problem.  I understand we only get 2 sync changes per month but assumed that after they are used, for the rest of the month, we can only access evernote from two places and we can't change them.

EG I have a desktop - my main work station.  That's one.

I had a laptop that failed.  That was my second.

I unsynced that and used a browser on a borrowed laptop.  (one unsync)

I bought a new laptop and unsynced the browser, or so I thought. (two unsyncs)

Since then, it's been telling me that I need to unsync but have also run out of unsyncs for the month

Am I logged in somewhere via a browser?  Does being logged into a browser cause a problem if it syncs across devices?