Don't even know where to start

Deep Evernote user going all the way back to Evernote 2.0 (ie, pre-cloud era).

I've tried to stick with you Evernote.  I really have.  I've given you years and years of dead feature development to allegedly reconstruct your internal codebase and catch up on technical debt.  I've given you cutting features and iOS specific benefits in the name of having a single maintainable codebase.

What have I gotten?  A goofy start up screen.  What don't I have?  An app which can stay open and maybe do a basic search for text across my notes without crashing on either latest model iPhone or iPad.  Sometimes the app is kind of stable for a release version only to blow up on your next tweak.  This is not a serious product.  I have no idea who you are even aiming at.  You certainly aren't aiming at professionals who want some 90%+ confidence that they will actually be able to access their information when they need it. For god sakes when I resorted to logging in via web to circumvent the broken apps it took several minutes to start A CLOUD-BASED APP.  

I can't even submit a service request because trying to submit a service request with an attached activity log from the app crashes the app.  And no, I'm not reinstalling Evernote and re-downloading all of my notes.  I seem to have to do this several times a year.  Once or twice sure, but this is not the way real software products work.

Final straw reached.  This is not a student project.  I've been paying "professional" rates to Evernote for decades and you can't ship a basic product which reliably delivers essential functionality. 

• Level 5

Some get all the action, others are missing out.

No issue on iPhone or iPad, the EN app is just running fine, no relevant issues.

The initial download of offline content is slow (quite a PITA until it is done), and the Apple Watch app is still MIA. All the rest is fine, significantly better than any iOS app EN had before. Releases are adding functionality every other week, up to now I did my last uninstall with 10.6 (now on 10.16).

No idea what causes the trouble in your case. Maybe switch you devices off once in a while - this helps with a lot of problems, not only with EN.

• Level 5*

@jshafter

I was having serious issues so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Things seem to be working better.   I don't have any offline notebooks so not that big a deal even with 46k plus notes.  To your point though, still bush league to have to do such a thing.  That coupled with never really being sure when things get done syncing makes for not the best of experiences.