The problem with the "automatic" synchronization ...

In fact, the current synchronization reliability is very unreliable. Some things saved on the smartphone with Evernote then appear on the desktop version - later than you want - or even more annoying if the content does not arrive at all. The button that was even completely removed in the computer client for Windows 10 - for at least manual synchronization - was simply removed completely. Certainly for the reason that some people may click on it too often - and unnecessarily load the server ... 😉 That's why I think it's very important: The synchronization, if it is carried out automatically in the background - then it should also carry out this task immediately after opening a client🙂 Another possibility would be that you can easily find and click the button for manual synchronization again - make it available again in the program ... Thanks.
  • Level 5*
16 minutes ago, onecom said:

Some things saved on the smartphone with Evernote then appear on the desktop version

Be aware that syncing is       Device  <>  Server  <>  Device    
Without the Server and internet connection, notes can not sync from device to device

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Be aware that syncing is       Device  <>  Server  <>  Device    
Without the Server and internet connection, notes can not sync from device to device

yes, thanks for that information - but i know that too ;) - but didn't mention it, sorry...

the internet connection sometimes breaks down - but that bears no relation to the fact that the comparison of the data via the Evernote server is not really reliable enough - as promised, even completely automatically ...

• Level 5

When the internet connection is severed, it can cause trouble for the syncing. Probably it depends on the millisecond when connection is lost what the effects are.

Beside the fact that we are Pro a manual sync option, I observed this: The automatic upsync usually works, fast and stable. Where I experienced - but only on rare occasions - a delay was in the downsync from the server to other devices. It sometimes took 30min until new content reached devices from the download server.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

When the internet connection is severed, it can cause trouble for the syncing. Probably it depends on the millisecond when connection is lost what the effects are.

Beside the fact that we are Pro a manual sync option, I observed this: The automatic upsync usually works, fast and stable. Where I experienced - but only on rare occasions - a delay was in the downsync from the server to other devices. It sometimes took 30min until new content reached devices from the download server.

Strikingly, it can be seen very clearly: This problem never existed before version 10 - only since the new design have I intensified and noticeably often this synchronization problem :(

• Level 5

Legacy changed the data locally, and then synced this with the server.

v10 is always syncing. Advantage is there can't be an accumulation of bad data any longer in the local DB. Disadvantage is this dependency on a solid internet connection. Sort of 1st world app now.

There is still legacy, if the new features are not needed.

• Level 5*

To some extent there were no artificial lags with legacy.  Once the wheel stopped spinning you knew things were up to date.  That is not the case today.  Complicated by the fact that search results also lag note updates while the server churns.  That design decision is a mystery to me.  It seems to be intentional.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, CalS said:

To some extent there were no artificial lags with legacy.  Once the wheel stopped spinning you knew things were up to date.  That is not the case today.  Complicated by the fact that search results also lag note updates while the server churns.  That design decision is a mystery to me.  It seems to be intentional.

yes, the button was removed so as not to burden the Evernote servers unnecessarily ... I could imagine that. Solving a problem is easy if you simply pass the reason on to the customer ...

• Level 5

Personally I don’t buy the explanation of the server load. V10 syncs that often that a user click from time to time won’t make a difference.

Personally I see two possible explanations:

The desktop framework does not allow for it. Mobile AFAIK uses a different framework, and has a manual sync option.

Developer hybris - „We designed it to work, and working it does“.

As long as EN does not comment on it (or better: Install that button), we can only guess.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

I agree with @PinkElephant re it not being a server load issue.  

I think Nimbus uses electron and it has a sync button so maybe it isn’t related to the platform?  Who knows though.   🤷‍♂️.  PITA which ever way you slice it. 

• Like 1

And now, i have the problem with Evernote.

By the way - Notion does not have the problem with sync - but Notion is not that what i like in Evernote 😕

So, i am looking forward, that the problem will be sollved please. How - i do not know - You are the Developer ;)

Thank You.

• Level 5
On 9/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, clipnote said:

So, i am looking forward, that the problem will be sollved please. How - i do not know - You are the Developer ;)

In fact we are not (thanks for your confidence).

We are just a bunch of users helping others, and learning a lot while doing so.

• Like 1

Good News: Since a week the synchronisation between the evernote software desktop app and android applications now work perfect! ok, sometimes it need 2 - 3 minutes, but thats ok. i am looking forward, that it will be so in the next time ;)

• Like 1