Autocomplete tags by any character/string instead of only the first

Living

Idea

Hi, 

To spice things up, I've created tags with emoticons like this: 
image.png.461c519f3cbb4e7c854924f75ebb1613.png

This looks great, but it brings a challenge on Mac (not on iOS by the way, this feature has already been implemented on iOS).

As soon as I want to add tags to my note, I can only find tags by the first character: 

image.png.cdbdbd3643dfa2841b86fe4347f02b84.png

image.png.d0d5d2bf79b58241db8d532a0ed7f4e6.png

image.png.100c77607b9781cd84314c413a9324b2.png

This is because I have to start to type the tag with the first characters, which is the emoticon 🏡 in this example. This costs a lot of time. 

Can you make it that way (same like on iOS) that we can search and find tags by any set of characters the tag contains? This would mean that I'd find my 🏡 Personal Interest tag also when I search for "Pesonal" of "Interest". Currently I can only find the tag by typing 🏡

Thanks for your reply!

image.png

image.png

image.png

2 replies to this idea

On 8/28/2021 at 9:30 PM, Living said:

Can you make it that way (same like on iOS) that we can search and find tags by any set of characters the tag contains? This would mean that I'd find my 🏡 Personal Interest tag also when I search for "Pesonal" of "Interest". Currently I can only find the tag by typing 🏡

Personally I wouldn't want that. Imagine all the tags containing an R coming up when I start typing R. The edit tags menu does have this facility so it already exists just not from the bottom tag area.

• Like 1