Tasks by due date not in the correct order

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

EN is a note app with a tasks feature.

Todoist is a dedicated task manager.

If your main use case is tasks, EN will not come close to what a task manager does. EN is better in integrating tasks and notes, holding information. And it is IMHO better in sharing this content (including tasks) with others.

So use case first, app second.

Eh, I knew what it could and couldn’t offer. The combo was going to be so awesome for my use. Except… it can’t date sort on iOS. :(  a pretty low bar.  And I really wanted to love it and was fully prepared to make workarounds with it’s known, stated capabilities vs a full task manager. I’m bummed. 

• Sad 1

You may have noticed that Evernote has fixed the task system on mobile but only partially (sigh). Tasks appear in the by note tab again but in the by due date tab, the order is still incorrect.

Still difficult to fathom how they could have taken more than a month to fix what should be a flagship function, and when they do only half a solution.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:55 AM, PinkElephant said:

EN is a note app with a tasks feature.

Todoist is a dedicated task manager.

If your main use case is tasks, EN will not come close to what a task manager does. EN is better in integrating tasks and notes, holding information. And it is IMHO better in sharing this content (including tasks) with others.

So use case first, app second.

The Evernote task system convinced me that it was useful to have tasks in the context of the content. But then disappointed because it wasn’t working properly.

I have been using Todoist for some time and it is very effective, but the content is always somewhere else.

But what Todoist does so well is to sync with the calendar, be fast and lightweight. Things that Evernote is not (opens slowly, syncs slowly).

On 10/26/2021 at 11:27 PM, Eric Schutte said:

I have given it up, not using Evernote tasks anymore, gone back to Todoist.

Todoist does not have the notes like Evernote but I need the tasks more.

I'll check Evernote once in a while to see if there are any changes but there are too many bugs.

I feel the same but I’ve also added Nimbus and Notion both slightly different. They also have their failings but at least are fast.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:26 AM, markjl said:

You may have noticed that Evernote has fixed the task system on mobile but only partially (sigh). Tasks appear in the by note tab again but in the by due date tab, the order is still incorrect.

Still difficult to fathom how they could have taken more than a month to fix what should be a flagship function, and when they do only half a solution.

Hi @markjlI'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this. We fixed this on mobile in 10.19. Can you confirm that you're using that version or higher?