Notes reported as "In Use" inappropriately

• Level 5*

Recently been running into situations where a note is marked as being "In Use", and unable to be edited. Seems to occur when I am jumping around between notes and possibly using the Previous/Next Page buttons. Happened just now: I was happily editing my weekly status note, needed to add a link to it to my yearly status note, copied the link, switched to the yearly status note and pasted the link in, and then used the "Previous Page" button to go back, only to find myself locked from editing. As far as I can tell, the note's not open in any other device (and if it were, why was I allowed to edit at all?), so that doesn't seem related.

Quitting and restarting Evernote does not resolve this situation. My only recourse at that point seems to be to duplicate the note and move the old one to the trash. I have a pile of these deleted locked notes now, dating from mid-July. I did try repeating the above scenario, but it worked fine this time, so it's not clear that that's the problem, but that's pretty much what I was doing when it happened just now.

Edit: Current version is Evernote 10.20.4 (just updated today, prior to the latest lock problem), but I've been seeing it in previous versions as well.

• Level 5

A note showing as locked happens on the Mac as well, occasionally. But from my observation only for a short while, the note usually recovers to be editable within some seconds. And not frequently, so I didn’t think a lot about it. My thought was that probably this note was just syncing in that moment, therefore being locked up by the system.

Never had a note that got permanently locked.

Maybe a case for support, with activity log when it happens next time.