Creating a new note in a new window ?

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

I have a double display, one monitor right in front of me, and one at an angle, slightly on the left.

My Evernote app is always opened on my left screen.

When I create a new note, I like it to be in front of me, but it does not seem to be possible to create a note in a new, seperate window.

For that to happen, I have to create the note, give it a name, then go find it in its location, and then double-click it and it opens in a new window, and then start writting.

Am I missing something ?

P.S.: I swear everytime I try the updated version of EN, within minutes I find a reason to go back to the Legacy version! 

• Metatrix changed the title to Creating a new note in a new window ?
  • Level 5*

Don't know if it still applies,  but it always used to be the case that if you opened a new note,  moved the window to where you want it to appear and then File > Exited Evernote to 'fix' that location in its mind,  when you reopen the app and try new note again,  it should appear where you need it.

• Solution
8 hours ago, Metatrix said:

but it does not seem to be possible to create a note in a new, seperate window.

alt-ctrl-N is a global keyboard shortcut on Windows and will create a new note in a new window even if you do not have EN open infront of you. You don't say which operating system you are using but there will be an equivalent shorcut for mac.

• Like 1