Import folders - when will that feature be "completed"

I was really pleased when the "import folders" feature was finally added back into the product, only to be frustrated that one aspect is still "coming soon". In the good old version of Evernote the original file once imported was deleted ( eg to the recycle bin ) . Sadly in the behemoth that is 10.x that feature appears unfinished. 

Is there a target date when the missing functionality will be completed and feature parity restored?

image.png.541df7470aa68e0c2923c66bf143bfce.png

I never used that feature as back when I first set it up, I unchecked the option. I would rather keep the local file as an extra backup. If it's important enough to scan in, I don't want the only copy on Evernote's cloud. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I would never trust any import routine to never fail. Since my shredder sits right beside my scanner, I really prefer to have a copy, no matter what. Because the physical evidence will be annihilated, NSA approved.

Deleting a bulk of scans is a once in a time action. Even if the delete feature will be release, it will be the first thing I turn OFF.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I've always used the delete option.  After clearing the scans notebook I shred the paperwork.

A big part of my use case is paperless.  Due to V10 and the removal of Local notebooks I copied all my local PDFs to OneDrive and started using Windows indexing for search.  Also bought a copy of Directory Opus to replace Explorer.  It has worked so well (read fast access) I am moving the rest of my PDFs there as well. 

Fortunately my PDFs are static so I can mirror in EN for a while to see if things improve, speed being job one.  It's like watching ice melt for my use case.  What was lickety split in 6.25.1, ain't in V10, any platform.

EDIT.  Thought I should add for completeness that due to the confidential nature of the contents of the Local notebooks I am using BoxCryptor to encrypt the contents on OneDrive.  Access is as usual on my PCs but all data is gibberish on the web.