Home widget customisation in iPad OS

JoeBathelt

Idea

I like the new home screen and find it quite useful on my Mac. However, I don’t understand why it is not possible to customise the size of the tiles on iPad OS. The screen is large enough to display two smaller tiles side-by-side, especially for widgets like calendar that do not need the full width of the screen. 

• Like 1

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Have you even tried before posting ?

In one of the releases in between the initial post and today, the widgets on the iPad screen were reorganized from showing in rows to show in columns.

You can now add more widgets to the Home Screen than before. For me the issue is solved, at least for subscribers with better widgets options.

Maybe give it a try, and report your experience.

I did try and that’s what prompted me to post. I still can’t resize them from the small size. Every widget is the same size. And even Evernote’s support says it’s not possible on mobile “This option is only available on Mac, Windows, and Web.”

• Level 5

You can customize the number and position of widgets, plus some more depending on the content / widget type.

6 widgets fit on my 11“ iPad Screen. For me it does the job - more would reasonably not fit on the screen.

If not happy, use the feedback function or (as you did) contact support.

• Level 5

OK, in the forum we now have requests to make them smaller, choose the orientation and make them larger. Seems we covered it all 😉

To promote your idea, you can send feedback through the clients, or issue a support ticket.