Entire note is not getting exported to pdf

I usually export notes to pdf & generally there are no issues in case of simple notes with text & images. But there is one big note with multiple tables, dividers which is not getting fully exported to pdf; only first few pages only are getting exported. Can anyone tell why is it so?

I've had nonstop issues with printing and/or exporting to PDF, ever since this disaster was released. 

Evernote 10 can't really be used to print or export things, even now with all of the updates. It is an unmitigated disaster. You need to use the Legacy client for that - I just think you have to be careful to not run it as the same time as Evernote 10, because it could lead to data loss or something. Seems I read that somewhere here.

Evernote 10 is absolute garbage.

• Level 5

If this is your opinion, I wonder what you are doing here …

V10 is ok for most actions - printing is one of the last where I resort to legacy from time to time. Basic printing can be done from v10, anything with complicated content prints better through legacy.

• 1 month later...

Export as PDF still does not export the entire note.

Using: V10.22.3

The note is a 3-column table that is 15 pages in length.

When I try to use the "Export as PDF" option, only the first three pages are exported.

I have to resort to printing to a PDF print driver (but that has it's own problems). Really frustrating to try to create a PDF of a simple note with a table from EN these days.

• Evernote Expert

Have you raised a support ticket?  If there is an issue exporting more than three pages I would imagine that the devs would want to know.  No ticket means the liklihood that nobody is giving attention to the issue.

I wonder if the issue relates to tables or formatting rather than length of note alone. I exported a longer note to PDF and it appeared with all the content and 14 pages long.I simplified the formatting of an HTML block and it still exported but with one fewer pages.

I entirely agree that printing in version 10 is dysfunctional - if I really have to print then I switch to the Legacy app until printing is fixed.

I would encourage you to open a ticket and work with the support team/devs to find a resolution.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows 10

Evernote 10.23

Problems with "Export as PDF". Me too!

I have problems both with "export as pdf" and simple printing of a note.

In both cases content is either not printed or mashed.

In PDF the errors vary - sometimes it is a chopped line at a page break, losing the end of a paragraph and jumping to the start of the next; sometimes it can be several lines; sometimes an entire page is missing. Maybe it is page breaks that cause the problem? Whatever, the glitches seem to vary.

Ditto when simply printing a note. The formatting is so bad that where the is a page break lines are chopped in half vertically. Adjusting printer settings makes no difference (why does Evernote ignore printer settings?). I have also experienced dropped content when printing a note directly.

It's a mess! This has been the case ever since I took the plunge and upgraded from the old version to the new. It's tedious and just adds more needless work to the management of content. I am just a personal user but very reluctant to upgrade if these sorts of problems persist. It's been many months with no change.

I have found that exporting a note as an html page is more reliable and thus more amenable to printer control. However, as confidence in the reliability of Evernote output is currently rather low (to understate it!) one is forced to compare every html output with the original just to make sure it's right. Moreover, one is forced to save the damn thing before being able to edit and/or print.

As I say, just adds more work ...

Some replies in this topic have mentioned raising a support ticket to report the issue - but where to do that is far from clear. Anyone who knows please advise me.

Thanks

UPDATE:  just to check , a few minutes ago I exported a note as HTML and printed it via Edge. Complete note printed. Word count 2974.

I then printed the same note directly. Goodness! The printout lost half the last paragraph! Word count: 2796

Messy! What's going here?

• Level 5

Print in v10 looks still broken for me as well. It is as if the print job runs out of gas somewhere down the road, and quits.

Export to pdf works better for me, so it is my option of choice from v10. The best results I get by using legacy - on of the few reasons I still keep it.

Per @agsteele suggestion, I opened a ticket. We traded some emails for specifics and data. They could not reproduce the problem with their own test note. They asked for an ENEX copy of my note. It's too sensitive and I can't provide. Told them to close my ticket and maybe someone else could provide their note that fails to export.

@DaJoLo the way I submit a ticket: https://evernote.com/contact -> Get Support -> click "access additional support options" -> What can we help you with? -> "Technical Issues".  Maybe there's another route. This one is rather obscure.

Thanks @snew4 I'll try that route. That's a fairly common issue. Of course it  works on developers systems but that's really only a minimum condition .... Surely one important reason for forums like this is to get feedback from the field. If users say there's an issue it needs proper investigation ... 

thanks again.

Thanks @snew4 and @PinkElephant - I've tried both the links you suggest but all I get is a form made up of drop down fields. Options provided do not cover the issue! What's needed is a full text field in order to explain the issue and perhaps tag it usefully.

Makes no sense!

EN not great at support?

I have just sent the below via the feedback link in the desktop app. I don't really expect any useful reply having done this several times over the past year or so.

When the feedback page is completed all you get is this bland response:

"We thank you for your time spent taking this survey.
Your response has been recorded."

Which really does not inspire any confidence that it will even be read, let alone analysed or responded to.

Text of feedback sent earlier today follows:

As many users report in the forum thread 'Entire note is not getting exported to pdf' there are some real and repeatable problems with printing output either from PDF, directly from notes, or from exported HTML pages.

Content is dropped from exported PDF more often than not, usually involving a lost page. Direct printing of a note results in the last line of a page split vertically across the page break.* Exported HTML pages also drop content, sometimes as much as a whole page.

Several users report this problem but some feedback from EN addressed to the forum would be helpful. One user reports that EN has looked at it the issue but as far they know there is no problem having tested it on the EN systems.

But that is contradicted by user experience. I, and others, can assure EN that printing output from EN is difficult and very unreliable.

Please:

(i) investigate this issue thoroughly, perhaps by replicating a range of typical user setups; and

(ii) please provide feedback on the topic via the forums as well as personally to users like myself who have reported the issue through app feedback or the online 'get support' pages (which, by the way, do not seem to be designed adequately so as to allow users to report issues in detail.

Thanks.

Not holding my breath for a helpful response 😒

@PinkElephant ... OK I didn't get that far but it seems a bit crazy to me. The activity log system is not well explained (three types are offered - difference between them?) and it's not clear where the logs are stored. It's a bit too low level for me and I haven't got time to fiddle around with that stuff ...

but I guess I'll have to try ... *sigh*.

Can you give a hint as to the file path for the logs?

Many thanks

Ok have pasted text into support ticket and await result!

Note: I do not use the mobile app version - and I have no need for it as all my work using this tool is desktop based. Somewhere I think I read that the mobile app has a 'send activity log to self' action which, if true, would be handy if replicated in the desktop app.

Anyway, I'll wait for a reply from EN before I look in here again. In the meantime will carry on with my several workarounds!

Thanks for all tips and advice so far from members  😎

• Level 5

Well, I think the support option must be earned - at least it does certainly look like that. This is why for general tickets, not related to a specific device, I prefer the mobile client. 

You find the activity log on desktop in the help menu. You can choose a level, save it as … and save the last protocols (?!?). Whatever - it is logical the activity log must come from the device where a problem occurred. Save it, and in the ticket is then an option to attach files, what may be the activity log. This 2 step approach allows you to review it and especially remove any information you think may be critical (like some note titles).

Support ticket is exactly that, and will lead to an email contact.

Chat will open a box onscreen, where you can type and they can type and you can type and … I think it is more for the simpler questions in life.

And the community is right - here !

Wish you success with support - however they can only hand out the solutions they have.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all - just an update on the printing issue. Following advice from forum members here I finally got in touch with Evernote support a few weeks ago. Thanks!

EN is working on it.  

One issue that some of use have noticed is that when printing a note directly, lines at page breaks are chopped vertically (top half of text before page break, bottom half after). This is a known issue and EN are already working on a fix.

The PDF issue where chunks of text are dropped (particularly at page breaks it would seem) is more mysterious but EN seems to agree that there is an issue (at least for me) although they cannot reproduce it on their set up (and some others here have said the same thing). They have my log files and sample printouts.

Will let you know any of any updates.

🤔