I can't see Evernote Folders via Windows 11 File Explorer or configure desktop Outlook to attach files

Go to solution Solved by Sbrooks1,

Hello everybody,

I occasionally wish to be able to attach items from my Evernote Notes folder(s) to my Outlook (desktop) email.

1. Is there a way to view Evernote folders via Windows File Explorer?
  2. I have attempted to use the Evernote Add-in from the Outlook/File/Manage-Add-in's path but this opens Office 365, rather than the desktop Outlook app.   I am sure that this has worked in the past.... so any suggestions of this one too?

Thanks for any guidance.       

• Level 5*

Just to be clear: do you want to "attach" a note or notebook (they're not 'folders') from Evernote to an outbound email?  Copy the share link from the note or notebook and add it to your email.  The recipient(s) will be able to see the contents as a web page - but if they're not Evernote users you might want to supply some detailed instructions in the enclosing email.

1. Your notes and notebooks are part of the overall database,  so can't be viewed with file explorer
  2. The Outlook add-in is intended (where it's available) to allow you to copy an incoming email into an Evernote note.  The installed Outlook add-in is not available in Evernote v10,  though it does still work in Legacy.  You can see a list of notebooks to choose the destination for your copy email;  you can't see any other content or notes.
  • Solution

Thanks for your quick response. Sorry if I have used the wrong nomenclature; yes, I am trying to attach a note stored in Evernote to an Outlook email. The methods you described should solve my issue. The use case, by the way, is that I have scanned some documents using Scannable, and stored them as PDF files in Evernote. Rather than saving them to an alternative location (not Evernote), I was hoping to access Evernote directly.

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK I'm intrigued - can you share?

I opened the note in Evernote desktop, file, save as PDF  into a Windows folder then attach the file from Outlook. Messy but gets me by. Thanks again for your feedback! 

• Like 1