What is the difference between Evernote Windows Store App and Evernote Desktop

anfang
Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Hello there!

I'm a long-time returning Evernote user. I'll like to know what's the difference between the Evernote Windows Store App, versus the Evernote Windows Desktop?

Do they have feature parity? Are some options missing in one compared to the other?

I'm currently using the Windows Store App, and I have noticed a trimmed down Options setting compared to what I was using 5 years ago. I don't know if things have changed since then; am I missing some options that only the Windows Desktop version would have?

Many thanks!

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  This is a mainly user 2 user forum - for a definitive answer you'd need to talk to Support;  but from our experience there's no difference in features - the Windows store just wraps the app in a Windows Store format and ties updates to that system.  WIth the Evernote direct versions you get updates and alerts as soon as they are issued - and maybe a little faster than via a Windows approval process.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, gazumped said:

I've always used the Evernote.com version.

Oic, I’m actually preferring that too since my browser is open most of the time too! Also it seems to be more reliable when i load notes or do syncing.

Thanks for your reply!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The software itself is the same, no difference in options.

AppStore versions are usually under tight OS control. The OS max decide an action of the software looks suspicious, and blocks it. Interference with downloads from the web is much smaller.

Plus every AppStore needs a little to process a new version - you get it maybe a few days earlier from the website.

On the plus for the AppStore is a working update service - the one build into the client was not perfectly reliable for me in the past.

• Like 1