Moving On Due To Aggressive Upselling

Nick Asatourian

Idea

Enough is enough. I am 41 years old and on-average, use 25 applications a day. I've used thousands of apps over the course of my lifetime and I have yet to see an app force its upselling more aggressively upon its end-user than Evernote. All I use it for is password sharing between team members. For an app that is slow, has struggled with syncing and hides critical features in hard to find places, I have absolutely no inclination to go premium. The UI uses two locations to upsell. Upselling banners popup with nearly every click and are present in nearly every submenu. The last few updates tamed some of this aggressiveness, but certainly not all of it. Apparently, the complaints have been mounting. But I draw the line when the following happened: 

Share notebook from iPhone>click shared notebook on Macbook Pro>app fails to launch>launches web version>upselling ad tells me to unsync device because I've reached device-count limit. 

That's about all I can take. Plenty of other alternatives that don't blitzkrieg their users into submission. I am not upgrading. I don't want to upgrade. I don't need to upgrade. I wouldn't upgrade even if I had to because the software doesn't merit purchase. 

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet