Easy question - folder location

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, required_username said:

Thanks.  what is the extension of my folders?  I was expecting something like phone calls.xxx

This is the location for the local copy of the Evernote  v10  database files    
There is a defined format   
however don't expect to see anything you recognize or can use

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, required_username said:

My goal is to import those folders to OneNote.  (Sorry)  I want to insure the location of my folders so the Import app can find them.

I don't know what import app you're using     
but I'm sure it doesn't import data directly from the database files

The usual process uses the export function in the Evernote app

• Level 5

Export / import always depends on the receiving programs way of doing it. Most use the export files created by EN, a few access the cloud server via the API for a direct import.

If I remember other threads in the forum, ON wants to use the import of ENEX export files. Create one per notebook !

Don‘t expect to see your notes as you are used from EN. The basic structure of EN and ON is different. There will be a conversion on import.

My goal, obviously, is to import to ON.  The problem is, whether I try to import straight from EN or as ENEX, the import app can't find the files.  Actually, it finds EN files and lists the folders, but the list contains folders I deleted 1-2 years ago mixed in with current files/folders.  It appears it is 'finding' the EN files from the incorrect folder on W10.  That's why I want to know where EN keeps my files.  If I have those files in two places, that would explain my problem.

FWIW, I've use EN legacy and current.

• Level 5

It makes AFAIK no sense to try a direct import from the local EN database. The existing importer offered by Microsoft is end-of-life since a while and has no clue of the current EN. It is designed by the way to import into the installed version of ON (the last release of it is ON 2016), not into O365.

The „stable“ way is through ENEX files you created yourself as an export from EN. Then how to proceed is a question you should answer for yourself on Microsoft pages.