How can I contact Evernote support?

Hi everybody!

Help me out here. I just spent 20 minutes searching the web trying to figure out how I can email Evernote support to ask some questions. The only thing I came up with was their new third-party chat service for which there is an additional fee. (! 😞 )

Can anybody point me to where I might best get in touch with the apparently very busy Evernote folks?

Wow evernote sucks when ***** hits the fan. Possible to restore a deleted notebook? Just accidentally deleted 8 years content just now... seems it cannot be undone? do you know? (sorry didn't find any other way too ask question then here...

• Level 5*
On 8/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, tore 89 said:

Wow evernote sucks when ***** hits the fan. Possible to restore a deleted notebook? Just accidentally deleted 8 years content just now... seems it cannot be undone? do you know? (sorry didn't find any other way too ask question then here...

Hi.  Contact https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new for support or use the help/ feedback link from one of the mobile apps. If you have issues with that see also https://twitter.com/evernotehelps.  If you deleted the notebook normally,  the notes should still be in your Trash folder,  though you'd have to recreate the notebook.

• Like 1

Im a paid user and reported a critical loss of files and sync issues a week ago - had Support sending me 1 email a day and then passed to 'technical support' after coming up with zero suggestions for a fix. Now not heard anything now in 4 days. Makes me wonder why I upgraded.

• Level 5*

You've presumably sent a reminder to your contact email address at Support - they may take a few days if you've been escalated to 2nd line support,  but they will get back to you as soon as they can...

• Level 5

When you go to the EN help pages and login there, you can view all of your tickets. It shows the ticket status as well.

If the ticket was closed, and you are still waiting for a response, open a new one, put the old ticket number into it and tell you are still waiting for a solution.

• 1 year later...

The horrid just happened to my account. I lost all the notes and file. When I signed back in, the account looks like a brand new. Where and how could I restore the files?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 7/14/2023 at 11:24 PM, A. L. said:

When I signed back in, the account looks like a brand new.

Hi.  Probably because it was - please sign out and then back in again,  being very careful that you are using the correct user ID.

It is unacceptable that a paid service such as evernote does not have online support or emailing of any kind.  I was able to find out how to submit a ticket and it has been over a week.  I am currently looking at other avenues to maintain my files systems that I have digitized since this system has declined considerably.  

• Level 5*
On 7/20/2023 at 10:23 PM, gigi66 said:

It is unacceptable that a paid service such as evernote does not have online support or emailing of any kind.

Totally agree.  Try signing in to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/ and find your ticket details.  If it has been closed down in error,  scroll to the bottom of the page to reopen it and continue correspendence.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2021 at 3:59 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Contact https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new for support or use the help/ feedback link from one of the mobile apps. If you have issues with that see also https://twitter.com/evernotehelps.  If you deleted the notebook normally,  the notes should still be in your Trash folder,  though you'd have to recreate the notebook.

If I wanted to ask this forum instead of customer support I would have. 

I can't find anything on the web site that has a working link or info on how to contact customer support.  In one place it says create a ticket and then doesn't provide any way to do that.

The link provided above is to outdated information.   It tells me I need to upgrade to a premium account to email support.   There is no longer such a thing as a premium account.  I have a personal account, and according to https://www.evernote.com/billy/subscriptions?mode=upgrade&offer=perm_generic_leftnav_button , that entitles me to customer support.   

I don't see where Evernote has posted here how to contact customer support.

Either I WILL know how to contact customer support, TODAY - or Evenote WILL tell the Better Business Bureau how I can contact Customer Support, after I complain to them.   We don't have to put up with this!

• Evernote Expert
2 minutes ago, Dora Smith said:

Either I WILL know how to contact customer support, TODAY - or Evenote WILL tell the Better Business Bureau how I can contact Customer Support, after I complain to them.   We don't have to put up with this!

Answered in your other very similar post 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
Just now, Phoenix128 said:

Hi @agsteele

I have evernote invoice and was after payment upgraded to professional. What should I do?

If it's now showing you as on the free app - did you make a mistake when logging in and get a new account?  Can you see your previous notes?  If not,  log out and back in - use the Forgot Password link at Evernote.com if necessary...

• 3 weeks later...

I notice in the above string the OP asks if there is a way to contact Evernote for support. Someone replied, why don't you try here...we are quite good. 

How irritating is that? I have the same problem. I send my money to Evernote. I don't know who 'you' are, and I don't want to spend my time chatting with a stranger who claims to be "quite good". Really???? 

I will ask again: does anyone reading this know how I can contact an employee at Evernote with whom I might discuss my iMac not being able to run Evernote without crashing? It works on my iPhone and iPad. It's my iMac where I need it. I am at the approximately $80 per year ($129+- next year) user level. 

Joe-Mack

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Level 5

You can continue to try with support, and rant about your experience.

In the forum we are fellow users, we don't get paid and help pro bono. Take it or stick with support, we actually don't care.

At the moment I personally avoid support, they are likely inundated. And I am with most issues able to solve issues bugging me, and tolerate others. I know that I may be more experienced, so what I can share, I share here. I agree it is not really a dream combination to raise prices and have support drown at the same time.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Joe-Mack said:

How irritating is that? I have the same problem. I send my money to Evernote. I don't know who 'you' are, and I don't want to spend my time chatting with a stranger who claims to be "quite good". Really???? 

I will ask again: does anyone reading this know how I can contact an employee at Evernote with whom I might discuss my iMac not being able to run Evernote without crashing? It works on my iPhone and iPad. It's my iMac where I need it. I am at the approximately $80 per year ($129+- next year) user level.

"I don't want your help, but can you help me with my question."

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
11 hours ago, Joe-Mack said:

I will ask again: does anyone reading this know how I can contact an employee at Evernote with whom I might discuss

The answer to your question is posted four times in previous contributions to this thread.

Hello there. It appears that evernote is becoming a fraud-based organization. You've just charged my card over $100 for a subscription despite both my accounts being on a free plan. The link you keep posting here (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true) does not allow creation of new tickets, it just routes you to random articles. If you believe it does, post specific instructions on which of the selections to make to unlock the ticket submission feature. There is also no way to remove a card from your account, which is super sketchy.

I will be filing a chargeback with my bank shortly. I can't believe how shady this is.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, whatthehell said:

The link you keep posting here (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true) does not allow creation of new tickets

Hi.  Welcome to conspiracy central.  We're mainly other users here,  so don't have any visibility of payments.

I just got through that link without any obvious issues.  I did get shown a lot of other links that deal with different styles of payment which might actually help someone...

There's also an option in the mobile app Settings to contact support,  so maybe try that?

-And for the record,  if both your accounts are on a free plan - how exactly did your payment details get into the payment section in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5
On 12/7/2023 at 11:28 PM, whatthehell said:

Hello there. It appears that evernote is becoming a fraud-based organization. You've just charged my card over $100 for a subscription despite both my accounts being on a free plan. The link you keep posting here (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true) does not allow creation of new tickets, it just routes you to random articles. If you believe it does, post specific instructions on which of the selections to make to unlock the ticket submission feature. There is also no way to remove a card from your account, which is super sketchy.

I will be filing a chargeback with my bank shortly. I can't believe how shady this is.

First you probably hit on a trial on one of your free accounts, and then didn’t cancel it in time. So it converted itself into a subscription.

Second if you get a help page, it’s because they try to solve your problem with that article. Sometimes it does, often it doesn’t. The link to support is at the bottom of the article, as a reward for reading it.

Third we are users here, so what the hell do you think you can get here ? Some friendly advise, and if necessary a nudge into the right direction. Please feel nudged …

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I have an account under a different email from the one that I am on. The other account was signed in through the Authenticator App. But, since I have gotten a new phone, I tried logging into the Authenticator with many of my Microsoft personal emails, but my app codes, such as Evernote, would not populate. I have realized that the email was initially a work email that no longer exists — meaning I am unable to retrieve my codes after extensive reaching out, troubleshooting, and backpedaling. The other account has a lot of information that is important to me and I would like to regain access. I am unable to access my account without the codes. I will willing to verify my account with an Evernote Agent if I am given the chance to. If an Evernote Agent can assist, I will highly appreciate it. 

• Evernote Expert

When you set up the 2FA app you will have been given a set of emergency codes for just this situation. Might you have forgotten that you saved these?

Once you reconnect you could try the Authy authenticator. Unlike Google's version, Authy can set up on multiple devices.

I am a paying user and over the last 6 weeks have opened two tickets with Evernote help support (same issue).  I have not yet received any directed help other than a canned message.  Over the years I have reached out to them a number of times and they used to provide personal support.  Nonetheless, the help provided by this forum has always been better than that provided by tech support at EN.  In fact, a handful of experts here on this forum (we all know who you are) could substitute for the entire EN tech support department.

@agsteele, FYI, I set up 2FA with Google Authenticator.  I luckily bumped into a YouTube video that showed how to set up GA on multiple devices.  So, it's possible, though not obvious.  Likely Authy would have been a better choice.  Now that I've figured it out, I wish more platforms - like virtually every financial institution I deal with - would use the technology too.  I'm bored with searching for SMS codes - Inbox, Trash, didn't arrive at all, etc....  

Vinnie

I'm sorry for the sudden notice. I joined personal for a month, but now I have a free account. I have suspended my account by mistake. I tried to join personal again, but it doesn't seem to work. Please let me know how to solve this problem.

• Level 5

Please don‘t double post, and don’t hijack other threads.

You find all necessary links to contact support above of your own posting in this thread. To get and use them would not require to post here.

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2021 at 11:19 PM, tore 89 said:

I AM HAVING THE Same drama!!! 

I HAD three accounts all PAID for and i still HAVE NO SUPPORT. 

I HAVE BEEN LOCKED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT for a MONTH now!!!! my main account.... 

I KEEP trying to log in and KEEPS telling me to contact evernote!!!

YET YOU CAN"T CONTACT EVERNOTE 

On 1/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, agsteele said:

When you set up the 2FA app you will have been given a set of emergency codes for just this situation. Might you have forgotten that you saved these?

Once you reconnect you could try the Authy authenticator. Unlike Google's version, Authy can set up on multiple devices.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU RECONNECT when it keeps telling me to contact evernote!!! 

i have tried signing in countless times, up dating payment details countless times!!!!! 

What do i doo...

I have tickets yet no body has gotton back to me!!!!! 

ANYONE WHO IS THINKING OF GETTING THIS STUPID APP 

DO NOT DO IT 

DON"T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME 

THE AMOUNT OF MY TIME I HAVE WASTED TRYING TO GET MY NOTES BACK OR CONTACT THEM IS CRAZY. 

SAVE YOU THE HASSEL - i DO NOT RECOMEND THIS APP 

ALSO THEY SAY YOU HAVE TWO DAYS TO REFUND YOUR ACCOUNT>... 
I CANCELED MY ACCOUNT YET - THEY DON"T REFUND YOU. 

WORST APP EVER

If he is locked out of his account I assume he still has access to the evernote data file and can somehow reconstitute his notes with that?

On 3/24/2024 at 10:53 AM, idoc said:

If he is locked out of his account I assume he still has access to the evernote data file and can somehow reconstitute his notes with that?

I keep getting pages saying contact evernote. i was using that morning, and then locked out one afternoon 

i someone made it to a payment page once and it still said contact support... the page i get is the one i just attached .... please help 

contact evernote .png