Batch changes to notes

Can the creation date of multiple notes be changed in batches?  For example, I have many notes scanned from paper with a title in the form of "20210815 - [Subject]". 

1)I would like to sort by subject, select all the notes that start with 20210815, and then change the creation date of that whole batch of selected notes to August 15, 2021; or

2) what I'd really like is to have an automated way to examine the first string in the subject, and modify the creation date in accordance with this principal.

Thank you for any assistance.

Eric

• Level 5*

There's also an external app - Filterize - which works (they say) with both old and new versions of Evernote.  It can change various note parameters,  add tags and change headings. Not sure whether it can change the created date,  but it may be worth looking into if you lack any easier solution...

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Sapagrino said:

Can the creation date of multiple notes be changed in batches?

As per @PinkElephant my solution for batch changes is Applescript on a Mac with the Evernote Legacy product
I've done this many times

btw  I don't often mess with creation date   
         I specify subject date as per your example; a prefix to the note title

• Like 1
On 8/19/2021 at 11:13 PM, DTLow said:

As per @PinkElephant my solution for batch changes is Applescript on a Mac with the Evernote Legacy product
I've done this many times

btw  I don't often mess with creation date   
         I specify subject date as per your example; a prefix to the note title

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried the Evernote API, for python for instance?

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried the Evernote API, for python for instance?

No, I've restricted to Applescript, which limits me to Evernote Legacy on a Mac   
I'm aware there's solutions via the API's, but haven't tried them   

I'd be interested if you post details

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

No, I've restricted to Applescript, which limits me to Evernote Legacy on a Mac   
I'm aware there's solutions via the API's, but haven't tried them   

I'd be interested if you post details

I just looked at the tutorial and a few examples, nothing more yet. Once you've setup it up, I think it's not that difficult to write simple scripts for specific tasks. But of course, it's much more low level than AppleScript I suppose. Also, I have the impression that it's so powerful that you can destroy your complete database with a buggy script. Maybe this is possible in AppleScript as well?

Another possibility is that we write our own simple  (apple)scripting language on top of the EN API, a little bit more ambitious but the advantage is that we can build in safety guards to prevent database damage by corrupted scripts.

A third possibility (maybe more realistic) is that we write or extend the python EN API with some powerful  scripting functions. These high level functions can then be used to write your own dedicated scripts in python.