Tasks Notes (with previously deleted tasks) appearing on web client and not on other clients

Hello everyone, I have a problem due to the tasks
After deleted it from the note, it still appeared in Tasks view with a (0) mark.
So I deleted the note but the task still appeared in the Tasks view.
So I emptied the trash and since Evernote refuses to launch.
I just see the elephant and an endless green circle around it.
Has anyone encountered this concern?
Thanks in advance.

Has anyone else had the strange behaviour whereby when looking at Task View notes that previously had a task on them appear, but on they do not appear on other clients?

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the fake/missing task?

tasks web client.jpg

PNG image.png

2 hours ago, JordanK said:

Has anyone else had the strange behaviour whereby when looking at Task View notes that previously had a task on them appear, but on they do not appear on other clients?

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the fake/missing task?

tasks web client.jpg

PNG image.png

Ah, logging out of web and signing in has fixed the issue.

I'm seeing the "notes with 0 task" on the browser version, too. I'd assumed it was just another annoyance-level bug, and was going to go in and start pruning. Thanks for the warning; I hope this gets sorted out for you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're a subscriber I'd suggest you raise this with Support - you'll need to confirm you're using the latest Evernote version,  and restart your device to check that the issue still continues...

I am using version 10.18.3 on windows 10.
I managed to unlock access to my notes by going to the web version which had the same problem for several minutes (elephant with green circle around) then I was able to access the notes and tasks.
Now on the desktop version, I have normal access to my notes (phew!) But if I click on tasks, the green elephant appears in the tasks column. I am no longer blocked but the tasks in the desktop version are unusable. I'll try a full log out and keep you posted.

this spinning green circle is a well known companion here - I see it on every initial start (e. g. after reboot of my Mac) of EN client on my Mac - it takes up to 20 or 30 secs until it disappears and the program is ready to work.

• Level 5

Open a support ticket !

And it is gone …

Yes, this really works. I have a ticket open on this. The nice guy from customer support asked me to make a screen grabbing. So every time I start EN, I start the Macs screen grabber first. No green circle any more !

🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Yes, I cannot view Tasks in the widget on my Desktop App for EN, ver 10.18.3.  When I left click on the word Tasks I get a new screen opens with a green line making a continuously spinning circle in its middle, like the Task list is opening but stuck (the old hourglass situation).

I can open my Tasks in the online App, and all Tasks appear.  I have tried reloading the EN Desktop app software, exiting the online version and then opening the Desktop app, closing and reopening both, nothing seems to work.  HELP!

I just got a new MacBook Air and added my evernote account... and some key information in one of my notes has disappeared! (trying not to freak) - unlike google docs, I can't seem to access the history to retrieve the information. The note is there, but a really old version of it. Any suggestions to get the 'lost content' back. 

10.19.2 VERSION of Windows Desktop on PC with latest Windows 10

Same problem with Note with Task deleted still showing up in Task List.

Made the mistake of permanently deleting the note and now the Task Widget won't open.  Spinning Green Elephant as I assume the widget is looking for the note to match up with the task that is still within the widget.   BUG!

Can only access my tasks note by note

EN Task List.jpg

I'm seeing the issue of notes with 0 open tasks appearing in the Tasks view on latest versions of Mac, Windows and android!

I've tried logging out on each platform and this does fix it ... for a day or 2 and then it comes back!

I had just committed some time to adapt my system to using Evernote to manage tasks and had come up with a methodology that may work but the issue of leaving note entries with zero open tasks means that I can't continue.

Will this be fixed soon or do I abandon hope for Tasks in Evernote?

• Level 5

@toddmannn You can try this:

First update to 10.20.4

Then try a simple log out / log in in the EN App. If this doesn’t work, give this a try:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote
Maybe you can give us a feedback if it worked.
  • Level 5

@_Mark M_ Check on the web client, it shows directly what goes on on the server. Make sure in EN settings, web client v10+ is activated.

Then you may follow the procedure posted above for Windows.

Here is how for Mac:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q)
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
On Android maybe you need to delete the app data (no idea how, iOS user).