I am running Big Sur 11.5.2, i have downloaded the most recent version of evernote and installed it, however when I go to open it I get the pop up "something went wrong on our end, sorry ..try restarting evernote"  I force quit it as the restart or quit buttons do not stop evernote and try again -only to get same error.  I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, restarted the MAC all to no avail.  Help 

• Level 5

Nice wallpaper … focus stacked macro, if I‘m not mistaken.

One initial question: On which Plan are you ?

If you are on the Free Plan, it may be you exceed your device limit. In this case go to your account settings on any working device, tab devices, and unsync devices until you are down to 2 (to add another down to 1).

This plays no role if you are paying for a subscription.

There is the box right in the middle, but if you look top left, there are the apps menus already. What I described to you in my post is in the first menu, behind the „Evernote“ name. You can often reach it even when the main app window does not open.

You are able to perform everything I described when you open the Evernote menu.

If it does not open as long as the message is active, there is only one option left: Uninstall, reinstall.

To make sure the uninstall works, all parts of EN must be removed. To do this, get the app AppCleaner (free on the internet) and use it to uninstall the EN app. In the AppCleaner dialogue window, make sure to check ALL program components for uninstalling. Then restart the Mac, download the app from the Evernote.com website, install it and log in.

Thanks @PinkElephant - I had the same issue (repeated hanging of Evernote with same error message). Deleting / reinstalling did not solve the problem, but using AppCleaner to move residual files and re-downloading has solved!

This seems to recur for me every time there is an EN Mac update... hope this is the last time.