(Archived) Text files littering "My Documents"

• Level 5*

I found a bunch of strange text files in My Documents on my storage card - things like "04.28.2008 xxxxxx.txt" (where xxxxxx was probably the time stamp) and it turned out these were notes created on the device with the 3.x client and then uploaded. I'd prefer those be deleted after uploading. Doesn't the client only see what is on the web anyway? Is there any benefit to keeping them on the device?

Of course, my real preference is a full client with an evernote database on the device...

I think you are talking about synchronization log files or import log files that are created by Evernote (in what folder did you find these files?). We are keeping them on (at least for the period of beta) to help users send reports to us in case of some problem. You can delete these files freely if you want to.

• Level 5*

These aren't log files. They are the actual note created on the device. They are in \storage card\my documents. The reason I found them is I opened Pocket Word and there they all were. These aren't log files within the \evernote program folder.

I've just found the equivalent on my device.

I can understand keeping them around for the duration of the Beta but as the content is now available via 'the service' I don't see any real need to retain them on the device.

Archived