Unable to copy annotation Arrows & Text from one evernote image and paste into a different one

Before the latest upgrade I would take picture of a site, and annotate thoe photos in the windows app. The annotations and arrows are frequently the same, perhaps the arrow needs to be pointing to another location though other than that the same things is to be identified for future reference on each image, I would hold shift and select the annotation I want to copy, go to the next image, click ctrl + V and would have the annotations copied over. This seems to no longer work, even after downgrading a few versions. Could someone please help me navigate this incredibly useful feature that now appears absent? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Never tried copying arrows from one image to another,  but if something has changed you could try reporting this to Support if you're a subscriber.  An update might have permanently changed something that was previously a loophole in the app you were exploiting,  and even if this is fixable it might take a while...

Meantime,  would it work to have your typical arrows and tags for a specific site saved to an otherwise blank note - as individual images if possible;  you could then use the that note as a palette to copy/ paste from and into any other images you add...?

If that's not possible,  we'll have to wait and see whether anyone else has a workaround suggestion. 

• Evernote Expert

Hi @dgodin, I confess that image annotation is not something I've ever needed to do or attempted but I gave it a go.

In Evernote v10.18.3 I added some random annotation to an image.  I was able to highlight all of the stuff (Ctrl+A) and used Ctrl+C to copy that to the clipboard.  I went to a separate image in a different note and was UNABLE to paste those annotations to the second image.

I then opened the Legacy program and reopened the annotated image did the Ctrl+A thing. Went to the second image in Legacy and was succesful in pasting the annotation to the second image.

I then tried to copy the annotation in v10 and was able to paste into the second image inside Legacy. I also tried to copy from Legacy and paste into v10 which failed which MAY indicate that it is the pasting (Ctrl+V) piece that is not working in the v10 annotation window.

I cannot say if this is by design or a bug.  As @gazumped said, a support ticket is probably the way to go. It feels like the annotation bit is the same code in v10 and Legacy - at least it looks a feels identical between the two.

For the time being, if this is key to your workflow the standard response is to use the Legacy program - either for this task alone or instead of upgrading to v10.

• Like 1