Cannot contact customer support bc my account is deactivated

Seb Heymann

Idea

Hi,

I am admin of an organization. We've recently downgraded our plan, and to my surprise nobody is able to log in anymore, myself included. I was not expected account deactivation, as I asked for a downgrade.

Do you know how to contact support instead of Twitter/sales form?

I've logged into a personal account to be able to post here.

Thanks

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

What does it mean „You downgraded our plan“ ?

There is only one plan for an organization, which is the Teams (Business) Plan. You can’t downgrade it, since there are no levels in it.

If you used one of the personal plans for a bunch of people by sharing access, you may be out of luck now. The free plan allows only access of 2 devices, and the ability to connect new devices was massively reduced - to keep people away from thinking they can use EN for cheap by swapping devices. The web client is fully counted as a device, no loophole in using the browser access any more.

What has happened here is that you probably have way too many devices registered on the account. So EN will block access until you are down to the defined level for the Free plan, which is 2 devices. Go to your account settings, tab devices, and unsync so many devices to be down to 2, in case you want to add another down to 1 device. And as I said: I think (not sure about it, but you can read it here) you can only connect 2 new devices per month. Once you did, you will have to wait for 30 days until the limit resets itself.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068

I don’t know your use case. But I think for any professional use of EN, a subscription is highly recommended. 

Hi, we were on the Teams plan but the adoption failed in the organization.

I expected that going down to the Free plan would prevent users to share notes while keeping access open with limited features.

I was shocked to discover that all accounts were just deactivated as I couldn't even log in again to change the subscription plan back to the Teams plan.

From a user experience perspective, all trust that would remain to EN has vanished due to this harsh blocking. Anyway, my access has now been restored by the Support people.

• Level 5

What do you expect ? A network of free accounts, all nicely linked together ?

Teams account on a shoestring ?

From a compliance standpoint the EN reaction is the only possible: Business is all about information flow - and control. Without Spaces and Admin control, who can see what ? Everybody „his“ notes (that don’t exist in a Business context) ? Everybody everything, including CEO, CFO and HR notes ?

Think it through …

Lesson learned: Don’t deprecate a Business setup without asking EN support before about how to do it. And you need to have your replacement up and running before starting an adventure like this. They probably can help to archive what you have, but they can’t kickstart another infrastructure for you.

As an admin, I would expect to keep access at least to the org parameters in case I resume a subscription.

I've closed SaaS accounts in the past and this is the first time I get such an experience. Healthy businesses usually try to bring me back, not preventing me to getting back.

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Seb Heymann said:

've closed SaaS accounts in the past and this is the first time I get such an experience. Healthy businesses usually try to bring me back, not preventing me to getting back.

And you said that you asked to resolve the issue and support was able to do that. As noted, Teams isn't a collection of Free accounts so closing a Teams subscription necessarily blocks access to the content to prevent misuse. You contacted support and it seems all was resolved. That seems like a good outcome.

• Level 5

From a responsible IT service provider I expect to protect my (companies) data even when a contract was suspended.

This is what EN did, by not allowing any unauthorized access. And you got support to sort it out. I can’t see any problem beside the ones you created yourself.

Next time you decide to jump out of a flying plane, better check before whether you took your parachute along.