Evernote import folder - Windows...

Documents placed in the Evernote import folder remain there after the import to Evernote, which is fine.

But if you close EN and re-open it, those notes are imported again.

It's not really a problem, I just have to remember to empty that folder when done.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, dmpelletier said:

Documents placed in the Evernote import folder remain there after the import to Evernote, which is fine.

But if you close EN and re-open it, those notes are imported again.

It's not really a problem, I just have to remember to empty that folder when done.

There is an option on legacy to delete files after import.  Does that option not exist on V10?

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, CalS said:

There is an option on legacy to delete files after import.  Does that option not exist on V10?

Confirmed - The delete option is not currently supported on the v10 product

Hi there; I don't see that happening here.  Documents left behind do not import again, it's occurring as a one off action.  I have verified on macOS Big Sur and also Windows 10 Enterprise v1909

Here, my documents are in the root of the monitored directory although I do also have the option selected to pull from sub-folders

25 minutes ago, danio72 said:

Hi there; I don't see that happening here.  Documents left behind do not import again, it's occurring as a one off action.

Same here. Imported once despite the files still being in the folder.

• Level 5

On my Mac import folders work flawlessly.

The import is very fast, and no duplicates up to now. The files stay in the import folder, which is ok, because some may be used for other purposes later.

The only thing to avoid is to scan directly into the import folder, and have the scanner software do an OCR. This resulted for me in numerous "shadow" copies, only the last one containing a valid file.

Actually I found a modified process way better: Scan into another folder, have it OCRed and use the scanner softwares dialogue to give it a good, speaking file name. Then the import folder is already chosen as the target where to save it.

The good in this process is that the files name will turn to be the new notes title. By changing the file name before placing it into the import folder, I have no rework whatsoever. I really love the import folder function, which on the Mac needed 3rd party apps like Hazel before v10.

• Evernote Expert

Is this after a Sign Out rather than Quit?  I added a batch file to Windows startup and that clears the import folder after a Windows login.  That works perfectly for me... I have several import folders so repeat the following replacing 'EN Import' for the folder name(s) you have (and assuming they are on the desktop ;)

set folder="C:\Users\my_Windows_user_name\Desktop\EN Import"
cd /d %folder%
for /F "delims=" %%i in ('dir /b') do (rmdir "%%i" /s/q || del "%%i" /s/q)

• Like 1

I just tested it again.

Test 1.  Place document in import folder, it's copied to EN. Quit EN (no sign out), Start evernote, doc is not copied again.

Test 2. Quit EN, Restart Windows, Start EN and document is imported again.

• Level 5

Seems there is something to fix.

Go to your clients preferences in the File menu, uncheck the option „Keep data on leaving“. Delete all existing import folders in EN. Log out, quit the client. It does not do harm to restart your computer now.

Open the EN app, log in. Set up a new folder as import folder, connect it to your EN account.

Now working without multiple import ?