Tags, filing notes in inbox - unusable - huge problem

Since switching from the legacy platform as recommended by Evernote to the new software, the filing of notes in my inbox is basically not usable. It takes probably 2 minutes per note to load the note, and then for the tag selection to come up, and then to move the notebook. I'm a power user. Been using for my business since 2013. I know I have many notes, but this is very disappointing. Also, the lag while typing anything is a disaster. I dont' get why other web interfaces like gmail, can have no problems when typing. I know they say that an update is coming and tech support keeps telling me updates are coming. But this is a disaster. Looking at other options for note/file management for my office. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Why not just go back to Legacy for the time being?  This version runs alongside v10 but gives you back all the original features and performance.  It's 'no longer supported' and might go away in the coming months and years,  but it does mean you can continue as before without added stress.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

• Level 5

@Jeff9360 You don’t post the number of notes, so no idea. v10 runs smoothly on my MacBook Pro (side by side with legacy, for some missing features).

You cold try to rebuild your local data for v10 by doing this:

Go to the Evernote menu, preferences, and uncheck the option „Keep data on leaving“. When done, log out. Quit the app (cmd -q ).

To be sure, restart the Mac

Open EN again, log in.

Better ? Then set the checkmark in preferences again, it builds a local database for offline use.