Handling of first day of the week (date picker)

Alxa

Idea

When firing the date picker let's say to assign a due date of tasks on EN 10.18 win it shows first day of the week: sunday - which is wrong regarding my windows system settings (should be monday here in germany). With the same account on EN Android it is correct: monday! Is it a bug or a missing feature? Anyway, please get it right. Thank you

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

As always, bug reports here have no effect whatsoever.

It is the feedback function or a support ticket.

P.S. The same issue has already been reported here in the forum. I am not sure whether somebody started a ticket on this, and could report about the answer.

I knew you would immediately comment and negate the posting. Well,  starting with sunday is in fact no real bug. It is a feature request to handle it the same on all clients. This by the way is something that is done correctly on Android - the very first time Android client was better than windows 🤣 I could not get anything in the forum via search so if you could refer to a thread, this could be deleted. Don't want to double post.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

Do you feel followed on ? I can assure you, it is just accidental. When an elephant is following you, there is NO way to miss it.

Maybe you like this one

And before you start the habitual v10 bashing: There are more of the same, and the go back way before the release date of the v10 client.

• Evernote Expert

I have a recollection (but I could be wrong) that in the beta testing phase last year the date picker did default to a week starting on a Monday but there was significant push back and it was changed to Sunday.  THat's my, personal, preference so I wouldn't support a change by default. It would certainly be good to see this as part of the options/preferences which I am sure will be quite some time coming.

• Level 5

The world is not on the same opinion on that. It depends on the cultural background when the week starts.

Leaving out all the rest of the world (having the same issue, but with other weekdays) the US uses the Sunday as first day of the week, and Europeans the Monday.

There is no „correct“ setting for this, so it should be customized.

On iOS / Mac it seems to be linked to the OS settings (language or region, don’t know) - if EN simply uses it, everything is fine. If I take the initial post, it seems it is ok except for the Windows client.

About regions outside of Europe and the Americas, no idea.