nothing happens when clicking control button top left of the task panel (not working)

• v2belleville changed the title to nothing happens when clicking control button top left of the task panel (not working)
  • Evernote Expert

Works fine here. I suggest you File | Sign Out | Remove my Evernote Data from this device

Then sign back in and allow your data to be rebuilt.  If that doesn't work then the normal approaches would be reboot your PC. If that doesn't work completely uninstall the program using a program such as Revo Uninstaller to remove all data files. Then reinstall and log back in.

thks for you input but I've just installed v10 and had my DB rebuild a couple of weeks ago, so I'm hoping this is a bug that will be fixed in the next released.. for the time being I use the web version , 'cause I'd rather spare muself the time of uninstall / reinstall and DB rebuild ...

• Level 5

When you use the proposed approach, the rebuild of the database will happen in the background.

v10 does not really work on the local database, it is mainly there for the case of an offline use. When you don’t have offline situations, you can allow this process without a downside effect.

On the contrary, if there is a piece of corrupted data stuck in your client, it may well be that an update will not resolve the problem.