Better triaging support - moving notes between notebooks

DJ.

Idea

For some months now I've been implementing the Getting Things Done methodology (GTD). I tried a few different apps, but always kept coming back to Evernote. I've finally got the process humming, and its great. But my one pain point right now is the ease of moving notes between notebooks on my Android.

For context, I have 6 notebooks which act as my various task "buckets". Using the quick note widget, I can spin up a short note and have it added right into my INBOX notebook in a matter of seconds.

It's the triaging process that kills me. Right now to move a note quickly between notebooks I need to do the following:

1. Find note in notebook
  2. Open note
  3. Tap the ... menu - top right corner
  4. Scroll down on the menu, to MOVE NOTE
  5. Tap move note
  6. Select notebook to move note to

What I would love is a long press functionality that removes steps 2, 3, and 4.

While I'm here, I'll sneak in a cheeky extra request. That you can select if the quick notes widget starts your typing cursor at the note title or the note itself. For my flow, I'd prefer the former. Presently it defaults to the latter.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DJ. said:

But my one pain point right now is the ease of moving notes between notebooks on my Android.

You posted in the General Features request forum; or is this an Android specific request

Personally, I work on a Mac and just drag the note to a new notebook

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You posted in the General Features request forum; or is this an Android specific request

Personally, I work on a Mac and just drag the note to a new notebook

Ah my bad, this is probably only an issue on Android and iOS.

It's not an issue on the Mac app you're right.