Can't display images inline

Dr. Dark
Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Idea

Hello,

I appoligize if I created my topic in the wrong category.

I can add images and such to my notes without any problems, but it seems like my images always have a linebreak above and below them.
Is there a way to display an image on the same line as text?

See here for example. The small text in the middle is an image, which I'd like to be on the same line as all the text in my image.

image.png.dcce7decc67c2da2786b1e326888793e.png

• Thanks 1

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

Sorry no, this is not possible.

Pictures are an element of a note, like a sketch, an attachment or similar - and like a text box. Think of EN as a website, displaying one element below the other.

The closest thing to integrate pictures and text is to insert a table.

Then you can place the picture in one table cell, and type the text into the next column cell. It has the further advantage that you can control the size of the picture by the width of the column containing the picture. It makes the picture smaller, but does not reduce the original file size and resolution.

For your use case this is probably less practical 🤷‍♂️

CB1940ED-C500-4DA1-AAA5-074881CB3786.thumb.jpeg.c49c31545d38c729427bcfde360c5ea6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the reply, I'm sorry to hear this is not possible.
Makes some of my work a little difficult, but oh well, guess I have to live with it.

The table option isn't useful for me though, it'd ruin the sentence structure.

If you're talking about the Windows app, then I think I have a solution for you to consider, which, coincidentally, I availed myself of, just this very morning. Note, however, it's a compromise. For me, the compromise is well worth it. In fact, for me, it's no compromise at all. The compromise is to uninstall Evernote 10 and install Evernote 6.

Using the legacy app may not be a workable solution for you, but for me, it actually solves two issues. I’m thankful that Evernote (the company) continues to support its legacy app. It does everything I need it to do, and I don’t miss any of the new features provided by the latest.

Note: While the Evernote 6 Windows app supports inline images, the iPhone app doesn't, but I can live with that. IMO, creation of comprehensive notes is best done on a desktop. The iPhone app has the “new features” I just talked about, but I basically turn them off. They don’t help this old fuddy-duddy. 😊

I just got a new laptop from work, and one of the first things I do is install 1Password and Evernote. Evernote 10 got installed, and I quickly saw that inline images were now “broken.” Then I remembered I got this solution from this forum. Even though this solution was originally provided to me to solve a different issue, it solves your problem (and my problem) with inline images, too.

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/137615-where-are-options/?do=findComment&comment=627826.

This is how I reverted. I did this just 15 minutes ago.

1. Uninstall Evernote 10.x.x
  2. Go to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote and install Evernote 6.x
  3. After installation, it starts, and the login window that pops up says "Evernote Legacy."

Good luck.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SoKal5366 said:

The compromise is to uninstall Evernote 10 and install Evernote 6.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but I don't think Evernote 6 will do for me. I like many of the v10 features, and it's not something I can spare.

• Level 5

As I posted above, I run both clients side by side. 

V10 covers most of my day to day use (love the import folders feature on my Mac). Legacy is there to help with some workflows currently still not properly supported by v10. In general my use is shifting more and more to v10, currently 80:20 in favor of the new version.