Remove the coffee cup from software background

eyeflex

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, eyeflex said:

The message from Evernote is being really clear: WE WANT MORE MONEY FROM OUR CUSTOMER.

This is what we have learnt from the last updates, that have tried to add useless features, but it would be really nice if we could not have the lame coffee cup as a background while not having to PAY MORE to do that. 

Just a plain background would be fantastic thanks!

So create a shortcut to a useful note and open Evernote from there?

• Level 5

Take a break, take a coffee.

Subscribing won't cost more than that cup of coffee per month (if it is a good one), so maybe this is a reminder that subscribing is a good way to cut down on the coffee consumption.

Whatever, I didn't like it that much either, so I replaced it with one of my own pictures, a nice moody view of a quiet lake here in northern Germany.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

So create a shortcut to a useful note and open Evernote from there?

Yes, the previous version was fantastic: you would simply open the software and be in front of your notes. 
Most likely, you would find there the note you were coming to get opened in front of your eyes.

Simple and really efficient. 

The new versions have tried to bring in new features that complexity the notes system without bringing any better user experience in my views. I feel like we are the victims of new marketing-led strategies, and my experience of the software is decreasing.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, eyeflex said:

Yes, the previous version was fantastic: you would simply open the software and be in front of your notes. 

There is no obvious way of defining which view EN opens to. However in my experience it always opens to the last view from when it was shut down completely. ie not just using the cross but file -> quit or closing it from the elephant icon in the task bar. My instalation always opens to my default notebook - it never opens at Home.